The weekend | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-11-2001, 04:55 AM
The weekend

Well my trip was relaxing, it really kept my mind off things! I played a quarter for everyone, dh thought I was crazy because I named each one of you, he smiled! Guess what...your all a million dollars richer We wish huh. Friday is the big appointment with the Oncologist, guess I will be stressing by Thursday. I received paperwork from the Dr about 10 pages that needed to be filled out including family history as far as cancer was concerned. I found out that Mom not only had breast and uterine but she also had cervical. Both grandparents also died of cancer and my neice who is only 24 had CIN III two years ago, but chose other options because she wasnt done having a family. DH finally told mother-in-law what was going on, and of course that baby thing came up again. So she is pushing for the "cone" he told her NO! The family history is real bad and he wanted me around a lot longer, and didnt want to put me through something that we could have avoided. Sometimes he knows what to do! I now know that my choice is the best that can be made. I am looking at things differently today and have realized that I am pretty lucky! I'm glad that you all liked my "ditty" Thats all for now. BIG and a double squeeze!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2001, 05:32 AM
The weekend

I am so glad that your dh stood up for you and has taken his grounds! What a wonderful feeling to know that he is there with you through all of this!! May your happy feelings continue to grow!
Unread 09-11-2001, 12:49 PM
The weekend

Hugs Terri!!

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Thanks for playing a round for each of us!! How sweet!! I will take my million in 10's and 20's please, American money please...worth much more than our Canadian dollar.

Glad you have your MIL set straight. This is your life and your body, and you have to do what is best for you. She will adjust!!

Keep good thoughts hon, and remember we are here for ya!!
More Hugs!!!
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2001, 09:26 PM
The weekend

{{Terri}}

Sending you many well wishes and prayers for your visit tomorrow and your upcoming surgery. Please keep us posted when you can and know we're all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 09-16-2001, 02:54 PM
The weekend

Terri, congrats on the good weekend

I'm glad that you are feeling surer about your decision too. And that DH finally got it--and what a good sign it is that he stood up for you against the :dragon:

Oops, is that a mother in law joke?

We all know how confusing this decision can be. The important thing is that it's the right decision for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register