New and scared to death | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New and scared to death New and scared to death

Unread 08-28-2009, 10:36 AM
New and scared to death

Hi, I am so new to all of this. I am not computer savy and have no clue as to how to post a message or take part in a chat or forum.
I am so scared about my upcoming hysterectomy and bladder repair. I am a surgical risk because of my past medical history. How many 12 year olds do you know that have had a stroke and lifesaving surgery to remove massive blood clots? No, I am no longer 12. The doctors had me dead and buried 42 years ago. Well, I still here but scared to death. Please help! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Re: New and scared to death

YOWSA!!!!! I don't blame you for being scared at all! We'll help get you through this. That's alot for a 12 year old to go through! The WONDERFUL news is that the medical field has advanced SO FAR since then. I know that doesn't do much to relieve your fears, but I hope it does just a little bit. Having nerves before the surgery is common anyways, and to have your medical past...I'd say what you're going through is par for the course.
I think that your dr will be of a big help to you.....to reassure your fears and take whatever precautions that may or may not be necessary to make you safe and let you know that you are going to be very well taken care of.
Hang in there!!!!!! You got your first post up, GOOD JOB!!!! : )
XOXOXOXO
Nicki
Unread 08-28-2009, 11:42 AM

Hi Ladyscoutmaster, If it helps, we've all been in your shoes and all scared to death. It might help to discuss your fears with your doctor - even though I didn't have past medical issues, I was terrified of having surgery and my doctor at one point said, "you're gonna be okay" and that did so much to calm my fears. The support of everyone on this site helps too, so visit often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2009, 12:32 PM

I was very afraid also. It is very normal to feel that way. All I can say is that I am now healing great & doing well so it can all just go fine. I hope it all goes well for you & you are recovering soon!
Unread 08-28-2009, 02:07 PM

Thanks for your feedback. I know that everything should be fine. My doc is very cautious with my care and actually has been postponing this until the urologist said to get rid of the uterus already. I've had urinary issues for the past 3 years now and my uterus has been the size of a 4-4 1/2 month pregnancy for that long now.
Unread 08-28-2009, 02:16 PM

Hello there. I am having my hysterectomy on monday and I too am scared to death so i know where you are coming from. Im only 25 and am having to deal with this. I have a large fibroid that is causing me alot of trouble, so hopefully after the surgery i will feel better. Hang in there i know we can do it!
Unread 08-28-2009, 02:17 PM

ladyscoutmaster
Your fear is understandable. It is amazing what you have already been through.
I just wanted to wish you all the best and say welcome to hystersisters. There is so much support here for any concern.
Hugs,
Suzanne
Unread 08-28-2009, 02:22 PM

Hope you're recovering well.

We are thinking of you. This is an excellent site for support!
Unread 08-28-2009, 02:26 PM

Oops! Your surgery is Sept 22nd not August 22nd.

Hang in there! You will do fine.
I was very scared also. I wrote down everything that was on my mind and ask 43 questions that I had in my notebook. It really helped to calm my fears a little.
Unread 08-28-2009, 02:44 PM

Hi and welcome, I'm sure you will soon be comfortable posting questions and joining into threads. There is so much on this site! For instance you can read all the articles for pre-op and what to expect from different surgical approaches and how you may feel after surgery.
If you have specific questions or concerns you can post a new topic. You can also google search the site by asking your question in the box up on the right side of the page. If you look at the top tabs you will see headings for Main;store;updates;forums;support;resources.
If you click on forums you can chose a specific forum to see what discussions are active as well a post a new topic.
I suggest you spend some time finding your way around the site and ask questions!
The great thing about our hystersisters is the way everyone is happy to help each other. We get through our difficult times by helping each other.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register