2 weeks today...would I survive Walmart? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks today...would I survive Walmart? 2 weeks today...would I survive Walmart?

Unread 08-31-2009, 03:46 PM
2 weeks today...would I survive Walmart?

I really don't know. I know that I'm bored out of my mind and I haven't been up too much today. I know that my back and belly are both kinda tired feeling today, but maybe it's from a lack of exercise?
Will I survive a trip to Walmart with the hubby and kids to get their school supplies? I have some percocet on hand in case I need it afterwards.

Can't decide. All I know is that I don't want another day like Saturday (from overdoing it Friday) but I am going NUTS here.

Nothing like riding the fence!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Re: 2 weeks today...would I survive Walmart?

My first reaction is NO absolutely not. Do not go to walmart for any reason this early in your healing process. I too am 2 weeks post op and feel pretty good for the most part but would not risk setting myself back for anything, esp a trip to walmart.

Its just not worth it. I can relate to the boredom. Im so sick of tv. I cant sit at the computer for too long or my bum starts to hurt/burn.

Do you scrapbook? Any boxes of photos you can go thru? Write letters? Bills to write out? something you can prop yourself up in a comfortable semi reclined chair and do. Like to look at cookbooks?

I wish the best! Take care of YOU!
Unread 08-31-2009, 04:54 PM

NOPE not unless you have someone put you in and chair and THEY push you and still just getting dressed and getting in the door is more than you can anticipate probably...I['d say cool it...send a list!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2009, 04:59 PM

NOPE, I wouldn't! I would not go there at 2 weeks for anything. Send them with a list & I am sure they can figure it out. You only have one chance to heal correctly so please take it easy. It is very boring healing but it is the best thing you can do for your future.
Unread 08-31-2009, 05:58 PM

I wouldn't. It's just a bit too crazy there...line waits, etc.

If you absolutely insisted on going anyway, I'd recommend the electric carts they have. Just be real careful about moving it smoothly. Accellerate or decelerate to quickly and you could be singing owie, owie, owie throughout the store.
Unread 08-31-2009, 06:45 PM

Yeah I would NOT do Walmart. I have gone to the grocery store and drug store for short little trips with my husband's assistance (well the drug store w/o but it wasn't bad at all). If you really want to get out you could always ask for a motorized cart. I was thinking of doing a Costco trip with my hubby on Friday but I don't think it's a good idea...plus I don't want anyone I know to see me in a moto-cart (that's just my stubborn nature talking).
Unread 08-31-2009, 06:52 PM

tee hee- I hear ya- next weekend is Wild Rice Days and I'll be in a cart for that. And I will see people I know and it's going to be horrifying but I don't want to miss out on the parade, crap food etc.

Sooooo....I went. And it was okay. I decided I'm not going to work tomorrow. It was exhausting, but it was fast in and out, surprisingly. All the school stuff is close to the front because it's being remodelled into a SUPER Walmart (YIPPPEEE!!). Anyways, it was a 20 minute trip and it wasn't busy. He dropped me off at the door, pushed the cart, put whatever I said into it, and came and picked me up at the door.

No work tomorrow. I AM going to drive the kids to daycare and come home and work from here. I can't BELIEVE how tired that one stupid little trip made me. : )

Hey- I think I got checked out for the first time post hysterectomy. heheheheheheheheheheeheheheh That probably shouldn't make me so happy but I even look like hell and the guy definitely was looking at me. He obviously can't tell that I'm uterusless. tee hee.
Unread 08-31-2009, 06:58 PM

Wow you are back to work quickly! Awesome! This is supposedly my last week on short term disability (I have 6 weeks approved for FMLA, Short term disability is another thing) so I am seeing my GYN to determine if I can take another 2 weeks and then she'll resubmit that info to the short term dis people. So annoying.

I'm glad to hear you were able to get some stuff done and get in and out of Walmart. Be careful with pushing carts though- I was told not to push a cart for like 6 weeks so I haven't done that.

LOL about getting checked out!! Nice little boost to the esteem esp when you are recovering huh??
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:03 PM

Even after four weeks, I was amazed at how tired I was going through Wal-Mart. I couldn't even walk half way. My son had to finish the shopping while I sat on the bench by the door.

Remember your body will act differently than your mind, let your mind wander but keep activities to a minimum. Healing will be complete before you know it
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:12 PM

i remember going to the big gourmet supermarket about 3 and a half weeks in... felt so good going in that i disdained the little motored cart... made it as far as the pharmacy.. then spent thirty minutes on the bench resting up so i could get back to the car -- sooo glad i didnt drive myself that day!

Glad your day went well... hope your resting-recovery is peaceful

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register