If you wanted to get back at DH for not helping out more... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

If you wanted to get back at DH for not helping out more... If you wanted to get back at DH for not helping out more...

Unread 09-08-2009, 02:02 PM
If you wanted to get back at DH for not helping out more...

If you want to ensure your hubbies continue to help you out while you recover, you might want to avoid doing this.

My current favorite store is going out of business, so I decided to take my daily walk there two days ago. While I was there, I wanted to get my DF something special to thank him for being so helpful and understanding while I recover. He has problems with his legs because of diabetes and I've been trying to get him to try a foot massager for months. They had a real fancy one there for 30 or 40 percent off.

Well, it was a bit too much exercise, but I thought it was worth it because DF wanted to try it out right away. Here comes the bad part. After a minute or two, he couldn't get his feet off of it...he was getting electrocuted!!! Neither I nor the fire department could figure out exactly why it happened.

After several hours in the ER, now DF is on bedrest, too! Then he'll be on it again when he goes in for surgery on Friday.

I feel absolutely horrid. He knows I was trying to do something nice for him and isn't mad. He was even joking and asking if I'd bought any life insurance on him recently.

So, by mid-week next week, DF, I and my dog are going to be on bedrest from surgery. The only ones allowed to do anything are going to be the two cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Re: If you wanted to get back at DH for not helping out more...

That is unbelievable! Is he going to be OK? You're not going to live this story down for a really long time. Be prepared and don't take it wrong when DF never accepts another gift.
Hope all of you are better soon
Unread 09-08-2009, 02:14 PM

Docs said he'll be fine. They monitored him for a while and were trying to flush out his system. I didn't really understand it, but it was something about the muscle spasms building up something in the body that it would be hard for his kidneys to process. He did need help walking around for a while. It really freaked him out when he couldn't even pee, but they assured him the functionality would come back and it did.

He'll definately tease me for a while but we like to tease each other.

I got my money back on the massager and bought him a chair for his desk...I knew he wouldn't take anything electrical for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2009, 05:42 PM

That's the craziest thing I've heard and I'm sorry for both of you. I'm sure you were beside yourself when it happened. Did you check the chair over carefully to see if all the screws were in there tightly?
Unread 09-08-2009, 05:58 PM

HAHAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh...I needed it.
Unread 09-08-2009, 06:04 PM

I'm sorry, that is horrible, but it is hilarious.

Did you let the Consumer Safety Commission know? If yours was bad, chances are a lot more of them are bad, and folks will need to get rid of them or maybe get refunds before the store is completely gone: http://www.cpsc.gov/
Unread 09-08-2009, 06:13 PM

Wow! That is just crazy. I am glas he is ok.
Unread 09-08-2009, 06:36 PM

I love the way you tell stories. Give him a smooch for us, that seriously had to be scary!!!! Let us know how the cats do being on full duty for you 4. hehehe!
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:36 AM

Wow! That's awful! He actually got electricuted?! Was it a defect in the product? Part of the medical problem ight be due to diabetes. I bought my diabetic FIL a foot massaged a few years ago for the same reason, but as I was wrapping it it had a big health warning on it that it was not to be used for people with diabetes.

Hope all of you will be ok soon! Hope your DH survives! LOL! HE'S going to need bed rest by the time you're all up and around!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register