Off to the Castle in Morning~ Yikes-(Kids mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Off to the Castle in Morning~ Yikes-(Kids mentioned) Off to the Castle in Morning~ Yikes-(Kids mentioned)

Unread 09-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Off to the Castle in Morning~ Yikes-(Kids mentioned)

OK, I have been fine for a few weeks now.
~But, Today it hit me. I had to reach for my Ativan which I try so hard to avoid.
I just got back from delivering clothings and personal items from my kids rooms over to their Dad's House.
Kids will be there for 2 weeks or so until I can drive them to and from school every day.
It made me sad to leave their things there, I am going to miss them.
And, sometimes I think I need them more than they need me..LOL I am not good at being totally alone.
I guess it is better to be lonely and relaxing than stressed and wanting to do too much too soon.
My Insurance only allows 24 hour stay for a TVH (that is uncomplicated) and my OBGYN gave me a Pep Talk at my Pre-Op apt. saying this is the usual length of stay for this operation.
That is a scary thing for me. My Primary care suggested I stay 2-3 days as I have bipolar depression and anxiety disorder..but, it didn't work.
I hope I am OK. I am thinking positive and about all the other ladies before me who've done it.

On the bright side, I am ready to say goodbye to the Old uterus and the problems it has been bringing me.
I have my Hibicleans ready for tonights shower and again in the morning.

Nothing to eat tonight. Since everyone is talking about BM's, I am hoping to move all I have ..today and tomorrow morning before surgery. I do not want to be backed up! ouch..

Well..

I am off to the castle in the morning.
Wish me luck
and Good Luck and best wishes to all the girls that will be there tomorrow as well.
Meet you in the Post Op for some chat and checking in on progress of healing.

Take Care,

Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Re: Off to the Castle in Morning~ Yikes-(Kids mentioned)

Barb,

BEST WISHES on your trip to the . Soon you'll be a !!

Sending lots of
:hugs5:
Linda
Unread 09-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Best wishes to you. As much as you will miss you kids you really do need the time to heal & it would be very hard for you to take care of anyone else. Do you have someone who will be with you or checking on you for a few days after you get home? I set up a station so that everything was in my reach & even discovered that if you put a basket on a walker that you can keep your medications & list of when you took them & snacks, chapstick, remote & anything else you need & when you change rooms it all goes with you. That helped me a lot. Best wishes to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2009, 12:57 PM

Hi Barb!
I agree...from your side of things, it feels like you're going to miss your kiddos to pieces, and I'm not saying that you won't, but I suspect that you will be happy to not have the added responsibilities on your hands. I'm the one who said that I have 4 kiddos and they were gone too, and I was left alone and it was GOOD. I had a minor pity party for the first day or so about having to make my own food and stuff, but I would have so much rather been alone than have the kids to try to chase after. Even now, 3 weeks later, I don't like having to roam around our hood looking for them and yelling for them, etc. I promise that it will be okay and we are going to be here with you and for you, okay?
Everyone reacts differently after surgery. I am praying that you will be pleasantly surprised and feel good about it when it's done. I wished to stay in the castle longer too, just for the food and pampering, hehe! Your doctor will be available for you to call after you come home, and like I said...we're here! We're no dr's but we have lots of experiences and stories to swap and encouragment to offer!!!
SMOOCH!!!! See you on the other side!

Nicki
Unread 09-09-2009, 01:42 PM

Thanks Guys.

As the Day moves on , I am feeling a bit better.

I am going to meet them this afternoon at Dad's to kiss them goodbye.

Yes, I have a few family members to check in on me if needed.

I am slow-deep-breathing all day..

I will be fine.

Thanks to everyone for being here.

Barb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register