Let’s talk about shoes!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Tips of the Week

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Let’s talk about shoes!!!! Let’s talk about shoes!!!!

Unread 09-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Let’s talk about shoes!!!!

My mom has always preached the importance of good shoes and taking care of your feet. I haven’t ever owned a lot of shoes. Just a few pairs of really comfy ones. Well over the past year as I have started doing aerobics, I have realized that not all shoes are made alike. Not to mention I never really put much thought in to my tennis shoes. I usually bought whatever was most comfortable. Needless to say, when I started doing Jazzercise with my regular “walking” shoes, my KNEES started hurting. Then, my ankles started to ache. I attributed it to being out of shape. Well after a few weeks, the bottoms of my feet started hurting. Even at work, in my good shoes! I did some research and ended up buying a pair of Ryka’s that an instructor has recommended. My knees stopped hurting and so did my ankles! I even bought a second pair to wear to and from work. My feet stopped hurting shortly thereafter.

I just wanted to point out that if you are having pain, it might be your shoes! Do some research and find a shoe that is made for the activity that you are doing. Just because it looks pretty and fits well doesn’t mean it is a good shoe. Another thing I have learned, a good shoe only lasts so long. In my case, I am told that my aerobics shoes should be replaced after 100 hours of use. I did a search online and the best I can figure is that a running shoe should be replaced every 300-400 miles. And walking shoes? Every 300-500 miles, or every 3-6 months.

You don’t have to spend a lot of money either. Shop around online!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Re: Let’s talk about shoes!!!!

Since you started the topic....I have two younger sisters that are cosmetologist's...they spend all day every day on their feet. They have SWORN by those shoes MTB, ((the bottom is arched like half a ball.....))
Well, Skechers just started making a similair shoe called Shape-Ups. These shoes are strange at first to walk in...BUT you can FEEL them toning your legs. And Skechers are half the price of MTB's....

So, if ya'll are like me and looking for a way to tone up after the period of recovery try these with me....
Unread 04-05-2010, 07:58 PM

I've been using MTBs for a while now, and they are great for walking. For running, I LOVE Brooks - they are the best, though you can only get them at real running stores (not mall sneaker shops) or online. If you pronate, that's the best brand! And of course, for cycling, real cycle shoes are the only way to go... my weird feet have forced me to look after my foot health!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2011, 03:27 AM

I work ten hour days building and lifting creamation caskets and I have found Sketcher Shape-ups to be the best shoes....my legs,feet and knees dont hurt any more.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register