Overnight pads or incontinence pads? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Overnight pads or incontinence pads? Overnight pads or incontinence pads?

Unread 09-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Overnight pads or incontinence pads?

I will be having a TOT in a couple of weeks, but until then I have to deal with an extremely leaky bladder. It has gotten to the point where I am using overnight pads and going through around 5 of them just to get through my work day. This does not count how many I use at home. Sometimes the overnight pad is still not enough.

I looked at some of the different products in the section with Depends today. Do they work better? They are more expensive per pad, I whipped out the calculator and did the math right there in the aisle. Since they are expensive, I don't want to just buy a package and try them out. The ones I need, for heavy flow, come in really big packages.

Any feedback you guys could give me would be great! I am getting so tired of peeing on myself all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Re: Overnight pads or incontinence pads?

The Poise and Depend pads are m ore effective at soaking up urine than the sanitary pads.
J
Unread 09-13-2009, 09:16 AM

homelight2001
I agree with Judy, the incontinence pads are better. They come in a bigger variety of length and absorbencies.
The way I save money is to use the store brand like Equate. I have not tried the brand names like Poise or Depend or Tena, so I don't know how much better they are.
Hope everything goes ok for you.
Hugs,
Suzanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2009, 10:36 AM

Hi,
I had mt tvt 6 weeks ago. I had horrible stress incontinence before surgery. I used the Poise brand for moderate leaking and they worked out great. After my surgery I just used what was left of them for the bleeding from the tvh. Good luck on your upcoming surgery! It is so AWESOME to not have that incontinence anymore!
Unread 09-16-2009, 01:43 PM

I found that Tena Long Heavy Pads worked very well. They're a little bulky, but absorb a great deal of urine. Since I had my neurostimulator implanted to relax my bladder spasms, I use Poise moderately absorbent pads and they work well too. I can get 62 pads for a decent price at Target. The neurostimulator works so well I just use for them for security -- have needed them sometimes. Hope this helps
Unread 09-16-2009, 10:04 PM

I wore the extra large poise pads and the diapers. They worked way better and I didn't leak all over the bed as much. Slept better.
Unread 01-01-2010, 05:08 AM

The Poise pads and the Teva worked best. I didn't want to give in and buy the incontinence pads mostly for my own dignity. But I was soaking the overnight pads during the day, and at night it was as if I wasn't wearing anything with just those. The incontinence pads for Moderate was what I ended up wearing during the day, but if I knew I had to go somewhere I would error on the side of caution and put the poise overnight monster pads on. They gave me assurance that I could go somewhere and not worry about wetting my pants...which happened a few times coming home from a store. I would get out of my truck in the driveway and all the sudden I would just start leaking from my vagina (which collected all that urine while I was driving) and my overnight pads would just fail and I would be wet to my knees. My children were highly amused, but I was not. It was humiliating.

So with the bigger incontinence pads even with the cost. The reassurance they give you are worth it.
Unread 01-01-2010, 05:46 AM

I ended up using the largest Poise pads that I could find. My hubby and I measured that they would hold about 2 cups of fluid. Pretty geeky, huh? I needed a lot of protection because my class periods are 90 minutes long.

I hope with the fistula repaired that my days of Poise pads are over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register