2 weeks post op...back pain getting a little better but still pain with bm | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post op...back pain getting a little better but still pain with bm 2 weeks post op...back pain getting a little better but still pain with bm

Unread 09-14-2009, 08:04 AM
2 weeks post op...back pain getting a little better but still pain with bm

well im now 2 weeks post op but i am still having back pain, granted it is not as bad as its been, but it still hurts. it also still hurts to have a bm, to the point of tears at times. I also get a sharp twinge in my rectum sometimes. anyone else experienced this at all? I just want to feel normal again, im begining to get really down because of all of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Re: 2 weeks post op...back pain getting a little better but still pain with bm

I am two weeks post op today as well and I can tell you that my rectum still has that sharp twinge when I have a bowel movement. I am with you about wanting to feel normal again...but I have been told that it takes time and to just try and be patient. I really had no idea that this surgery would be so hard to deal with at times...dont feel alone in this Sarah Jean, I know exactly how you feel. HUGS
Unread 09-14-2009, 02:14 PM

Im glad someone else knows what i am talking about. I too was unaware of how hard this surgery would be to deal with at times. It gets depressing when you go so long without feeling normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2009, 02:27 PM
2 week post op...still not feeling the best..supposed to go back to work soon...

well today i am 2 weeks post op...i am feeling a little better, but i am still having problems in the bm department and its getting frustrating. when it feels like i have to go, i cant, when i try to go it hurts like the dickens, when i do go its not much, so i take Milk of Mag and end up in the bathroom every 5 minutes for most the night miserable!.....so now im trying miralax along with my colace....something has got to give at some point i would think. im so frustrated and sick of back pain and pain im my rectum.. Plus, i am scheduled to go back to work in two more weeks and i dont know if i am going to be ready, and if im not im wondering if my doctor will write me off of work for a couple more weeks. I honestly didnt think this surgery was going to take so much out of me. There are days where i just want to cry because i am so overwhelmed. Well thanks for listening ladies and i hope that you are all doing well.
Unread 09-14-2009, 02:48 PM

I hear ya. But I just keep telling myself that this is a process and somedays will be better than others, but that eventually I will start to feel more normal. The same will happen for you. We just have to let our bodies heal at their own rate.
Unread 09-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Re: 2 week post op...still not feeling the best..supposed to go back to work soon...

Sarah Jean---don't be disheartened. Something will give! Something has got to give because I'm in the same situation! For me I am almost three weeks post-op, having issues with BM and urinating. I've been eating high fiber foods and taking Colace but nothing seems to work. I was thinking that maybe it was the pain meds that causing me this trouble but I've been off of them for a day and a half now and still nothing. I'm not sure what will help. I was thinking about trying Metamucil or even a suppository but I really think that our bodies just need time to heal. Don't give up!
Unread 09-14-2009, 04:46 PM

something has to give at some point! i feel better knowing that its not just my body giving me a bunch of greif. i tried miralax today and it seems to be helping a little at least

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register