12 Days Post-Op Too Soon For 3 hr Road trip 2 Days In A Row? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 Days Post-Op Too Soon For 3 hr Road trip 2 Days In A Row? 12 Days Post-Op Too Soon For 3 hr Road trip 2 Days In A Row?

Unread 09-14-2009, 11:42 PM
12 Days Post-Op Too Soon For 3 hr Road trip 2 Days In A Row?

Hello ladies! I think my recovery has been going "ok" so far. Had an allergic reaction to my pain meds so am only on Ibuprofen now. I got a bladder infection 2 days ago & am now on meds for that which can and do cause dizziness sometimes. I do walk for short bits but tend to feel icky if I am up and moving for too long. My spotting had stopped after 3 days butthen after an evening of what felt like bloated hot pain in my tummy area, the spotting came back a lot heavier & bright red. Luckily that didn't last long but have since been spotting light pink to medium pink off and on consistently. My question is, my 2 week post-op check is on Wednesday, an hour away & DH is driving me. My DD has asked if I could be her company on a trip tomorrow (Tuesday) to an appt an hour away. I don't know if that would be a dumb idea or if it should be okay. I know I would have to have her drive my car as hers rides like a dumptuck, and my 2 granddaughters would be along also. Any opinions? Thank you ladies! Sorry for the rambling, just wanted to fill you in on my progress so you might be able to help me decide better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Re: 12 Days Post-Op Too Soon For 3 hr Road trip 2 Days In A Row?

Hi (((maize1964)))

I don't know if you are still at home or if you have taken off yet. Personally, I would not do it. I would really tend to lean toward staying home since you are so early on in recovery.

Unread 09-15-2009, 12:22 PM

Hi maize1964,

I agree with cmstp. I would not do it either. I think you are to soon in to your recovery, not worth it. Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maize1964 View Post
Hello ladies! I think my recovery has been going "ok" so far. Had an allergic reaction to my pain meds so am only on Ibuprofen now. I got a bladder infection 2 days ago & am now on meds for that which can and do cause dizziness sometimes. I do walk for short bits but tend to feel icky if I am up and moving for too long. My spotting had stopped after 3 days butthen after an evening of what felt like bloated hot pain in my tummy area, the spotting came back a lot heavier & bright red. Luckily that didn't last long but have since been spotting light pink to medium pink off and on consistently.
I think you've already answered your own question. I would not go. You're still in the beginning stages of healing and this trip will not be of any benefit to you. Besides, you do know that you'll be babysitting your grandchildren while your daughter is at her appointment, right? What if you were to have a dizzy spell or some other complication while watching them?

Remember this: you only have one chance to heal correctly. Please don't do anything that will jeopardize that...
Unread 09-15-2009, 12:40 PM

I would stay home. You really need to rest. There is so much going on inside you that needs to heal. Please take it easy.
Unread 09-15-2009, 02:28 PM

Hey twin sis

Not sure if your gone or not. But let be just say this you and only you know what you can and can not handle. What you decide to do its up to you. Please take it easy sis because I want you to heal fully and completely . I sometimes forget that I am healing inside and I tend to go here and there with hubby but lets take a step back and give our bodies times to heal.
Unread 09-15-2009, 03:28 PM

Well ladies, thank you so much for your advice. The trip was at 9:00 a.m. central time so I was already on the road when the help started rolling in. I am a wimp when it comes to my DD. We have had difficult times and I have a horrible time saying no to her even when it sacrifices myself for fear of what she will think. I have gotten better, but clearly not putting my needs first yet. I am home safe now, it was a bumpy ride that hurt many times, and I was lightheaded and downright nauseous a couple of times. Luckily no increase in spotting and after crashing for a heavy 2 hour nap once I got home, I feel better, just still tired. I was happy to spend the time with my granddaughters (didn't have to babysit luckily) but I would not do it again. You gave great advice, it was too soon. If I had to ask...well then we know it probably wasn't time yet. I need to stop worrying that someone may think I'm making excuses and just worry about myself. Love you guys!!!
Unread 09-15-2009, 09:32 PM

Glad your back home safely sis
Unread 09-15-2009, 09:52 PM

Maize,

I know what you mean . . . my DS and my grandchildren are the world to me, BUT, I had to put myself first during my recovery phase. So, please continue to PAMPER THE PRINCESS, and let yourself come first. I'm glad that you've made it back me safely, now rest, rest rest!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register