Vaginal Swelling - What is your vagina supposed to feel like? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Swelling - What is your vagina supposed to feel like? Vaginal Swelling - What is your vagina supposed to feel like?

Unread 09-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Vaginal Swelling - What is your vagina supposed to feel like?

Okay....I'm one week post-surger (tlh), and I kind of feel like I have a tampon in that needs to be "pushed up" just a little bit. I joked about vaginal prolapse to my husband, then I googled vaginal prolapse (which freaked me out) and I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, and am now wondering (after doing more research here) if what I'm feeling is my vaginal cuff still swollen. My bowel movements have been fine....I have not pushed or strained, and I don't think I've lifted anything that could have been a problem> I've followed the "vaginal rest" requirements from my doctor.....I don't have any pain or bleeding.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Re: Vaginal Swelling - What is your vagina supposed to feel like?

I THINK it sounds normal, but I am happy that you have an appt tomorrow. I totally thought he put in vaginal packing, but he hadn't, it was just the crazy swelling.
I'm sure some of our other sisters will be along to help too. And let us know what happens after the appt!!!

XOXOOX
Nicki
Unread 09-16-2009, 08:22 PM

Vaginal packing is exactly what it feels like. I'm glad I have an appointment too, and that they are so flexible getting me in. Will let you know the outcome. Thanks for replying....I'm surprised at how helpful this site is. I'm not one to usually post on a blog....but am pleased at how helpful and supportive everyone is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2009, 05:36 AM

Could just be swelling. I got brave and took a mirror to see what's up down there. Oh boy. LOL Things are still bruised down there even a week later. I'm not sure what I thought it would look like, but other then not seeing a cervix any more I didn't see any changes.

Good luck at the Dr hopefully it's nothing major.
Unread 09-17-2009, 07:48 AM

I had the same feeling as you starting a few days out from the surgery. I t ended up being the vaginal cuff going through the healing process. My doctor told me that for it to be a vaginal prolapse you would also feel a huge amount of pressure. I hope that the cuff healing is all it is for you as well! Good luck at your doctors appointment!
Unread 10-08-2009, 01:03 PM

hi, did you ever get an answer on your initial post? i have the exact same feeling! I am 2 weeks post op and it started a couple of days ago. I described it exactly the same way as if a tampon is just not quite in there properly ...I am thinking it is the cuff and just healing..but then I just found out about vaginal vault prolapse and freaked myself out too! I had a TVH on 9/24...still spotting a little, yikes..I dont see my dr until nov 4 - he is a really good surgeon but I never asked if I needed other repairs like my bladder or anything else - dumb me..io am assuming that he looks at all that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register