Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2009 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2009 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2009

Unread 09-28-2009, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2009

If your hysterectomy was between Sep 28-Oct 04,2009 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.***
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

***If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns! There's information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2009

Had surgery 9/28 at 9 a.m. TAH BSO. Dr said everything went great. I was so nervous but one day after surgery and I am feeling really good. I'll write more later
Unread 09-29-2009, 09:59 AM

Doctor just came in to check. My incision looks just like my c-section scar. They took out my cath and I am feeling pretty good. IV pain meds will stop at noon so I can shower. Felt itchy from the pain meds so they gave me benadryl. Also asked for ambien and got a good sleep too. My hospital gave me a little belly pillow to use now
and take home- cute green
and white gingham. Oh, my doctor used dissolvable suiters (sp?) not
staples. I could sleep on my side
with no problems when my back started getting stiff...all for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2009, 07:31 PM

Around 3 pm I felt a migraine coming on. I had eaten solid food for lunch and I starting throwing it all up due to being naseous from headache. They gave me phenergan via IV but it didn't kick in soon enough. It hurt really bad to throw up. I tried to hold a pillow over my incision while DH held the plastic bowl. Nurse gave me fioricet for headaches and also torodol. So far no more throw up. I'm getting up to go to the bathroom a lot so that pretty much tires me out. Hope to get good sleep tonight!
Unread 09-30-2009, 05:01 PM

Had my TVH 9/28. Doctor ended up having to cut vagina to make more room so I have external and internal stiches. Was supposed to go home Tuesdsay morning but didn't get out until almost dinner time. LOTS of nausea so I couldn't keep anything down and pain wasn't well controlled. When nurse told me Tuesday morning I would be staying another night, I said no, what do I have to do to get out of here? She had a list of things and I accomplished them all so I got to come home. Mom and sister left today so it's just me and my dog. I've been resting and eating and don't feel too bad. Sitting isn't comfortable yet but getting better. More later.
Unread 09-30-2009, 07:18 PM

Goodtoknow, sorry you had such a rough time. Maybe you will feel better at home. I got home around 4 pm today and have been taking it easy. I still don't have much of an appetite. I'll be praying for you!
Unread 10-01-2009, 07:33 AM

Well I am still in the castle. I just ate my first solid meal, thank god because I was starved. I still have my epidural in but it still is acting weird, my left side is numb from my waist to the bottom of my thigh. My right side is not numb and I am in massive pain, plus my hip and lower back are also in lots of pain, I just broke out in a cold sweat because of it. They just uped my morphine dose and toradol and epidural dose. I have to wait till the nurses are down their rounds to get more. I might get rid of the epidural tomorrow and go to the pain pump. I havn't slept much, nplus there is a man and women in another room that scream at the top of their lungs non stop. The main either moans load or yells nurse and the women yells help me or nurse. It really distrupts the floor, other patients have been yelling at them to shut up. I will let you know more when my pain levels drop some
Unread 10-01-2009, 08:29 AM

Hi gals, still in the hospital but sis brought me up her laptop to post. All went well but once they got in there they discovered I also had rathr bad case of endometreosis and also prolapsed uterus...wonder how they missed those!

Still drugged up on diladid (in pump instead of morpine).

Glad allwent well jenny. tlk to u soon.

Hannie
Unread 10-01-2009, 02:04 PM

Hi everyone! Glad to be on "the other side"! TAH/BSO was Tuesday, Sept. 29. Because my doc was late doing my ablation, I was surprised she did my TAH/BSO an hour early.

All went well, and I am home today.. The spot that showed up on my ovary as a cyst was actually some endometrial material. I was surprised since I was never aware of having endometriosis. I also had three fibroid tumors, two slightly smaller than tennis balls, one of which was putting pressure on my backside.

I was kept comfortable and the pain was much less than i thought. The biggest sensation when I woke up was having to go to the bathroom really bad, but they assured me I had a catheter and should relax. Day 1 was a lot of drifting in and out of sleep, Day 2 was resting and walking and giving myself a bedside bath, and today (the hardest) was taking a shower and coming home. Finally got myself comfy, though!
Unread 10-01-2009, 04:50 PM

Had a LAVH yesterday, they took it all. Came home today and feeling pretty good. They've given me 600 mg of Motrin and darvocet for the pain, but its not too bad. Only thing bothering me is my throat is a little congested and I have to keep clearing it, and of course the gas pains in my sides and shoulders. Hope these go away soon. My DH made me laugh hard just a few minutes ago and that didn't feel so good. I had to tell him not to do that again for at least a couple of days. I also hope I can get some sleep, not tired, but I haven't really slept since the surgery. I'm going to try Sleepytime tea tonight.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register