climara patch | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

climara patch climara patch

Unread 09-15-2001, 09:48 PM
climara patch

I am 4 weeks post op and have not yet started hormone replacement due to endometriosis. I know that my doc will be presribing climara patch. I have been trying to learn about the risks of hrt and of not using hrt. The more I research the more afraid I get. (I have a phobia of meds as it is!). Has anyone used the patch? If so, did you have any bad symptoms I should know about. Or...has anyone opted to not do the hrt thing and what should I be concerned about with that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2001, 12:56 AM
climara patch

nette,
I had my hyst for endometriosis also.. and am on the climara patch. I had to wait 3 months to go on hrt.I know what you mean about having a drug phobia!!!! i was so scared to use estrogen..But what a relief it was.The meno was getting worse by the 3 month time..The first 2 weeks after i got the patch my hotflashes increased, but i knew to expect that from what i read here..The flashes went down to almost nothing, vaginal dryness went away, sleep better and panic feelings left...
I had no side effects except that the patch wore off on the 6th day, so Dr said to change it then..also i need to clean the area i apply the patch to with alcohol first or the patch wont stick..as long as i do that it sticks though anything..
I was put on .1mg which flared up the endo, so the Dr cut my dose down to .05 mg. I have had a increase of hotflashes with the lower dose but I know it is just an adjustment period..
I have been very pleased with the patch and would not want to be without it now..keep reading here , you will get lots of good info...
when will you be going on hrt??
Love Patty
Unread 09-17-2001, 01:24 PM
climara patch

Hello Nette and patty:

I just started the Climara patch on Saturday (after having problems with Premarin) and would also like to hear whatever I can about it. It was interesting, Patty, that your hot flashes and panic increased, but then left. I had not been told about that. It is Monday now, and so far, no problems. One sister told me that her heart palpatations had started within 12 hours of using the patch. I hope I don't have that.

I was told to alternate sides for the patch each week, so hopefully that will help the adhesion problem.

I so much want this patch to work well, so anything you can offer will be much appreciated.

Elise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2001, 01:33 PM
climara patch

If you start having problems with the patch sticking, this thread has some helpful hints https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...?threadid=3323

It is not uncommon when starting or changing hrt to experience symptoms of fluctuation, such as hot flashes, night sweats etc. I have read that you should give it at least 4 weeks to let your system get adjusted.
Unread 09-18-2001, 09:38 AM
climara patch

Kim,

Thanks for the response and the link. Very helpful. I am going to give this a try since it seems like a better way to go for me.

Thank You

Elise
Unread 09-18-2001, 02:02 PM
climara patch

I found out I am allergic to the glue on the patch. Just my luck huh? Now I am on Estratest H.S. and am having headaches. So on to something else for me.

Lea

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register