symptons of IC?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

symptons of IC?? symptons of IC??

Unread 10-12-2009, 01:56 PM
symptons of IC??

can someone explain the symptoms of ic??
i have been having alot of uti's either they come back postitve or negitive along with right sided pain that radiates down my legs??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Re: symptons of IC??

coffeelover--

I am sorry you are still not feeling well. If you will go to the second thread that is permanently 'stuck' to the top of this forum (Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues), and click on it, you will find a list of many good resources. About halfway down the page, are many links about Interstitial Cystitis. These will help you a LOT in understanding more about this disease.

Sending you extra
:cathugs:
Unread 10-15-2009, 05:57 AM

thank you for the info..
do you know if yeast iinfections and UTI's go along with this condition??
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2009, 09:27 PM

Hi coffeelover, I was diagnosed with IC after a cystoscopy last year. Bladder infection don't always go with IC, you sometimes get them because of the cystoscopies that have to be done.

IC feels a lot like a constant UTI, you can have pelvic pain, low back pain, bowel and bladder pain. So it's sometimes a hard one to diagnose. The Symptoms come and go through out the day often depending on what you eat.. So the IC diet is very important to do with the meds. Have you actually been tested for IC.? IC is not something you can get rid of forever, sometimes with the right treatment, it can go away for a while but it always comes back. That's what my URO told me. So it's one of those things you learn to live with. I use Atarax everyday, it really helps with the constant pain. I hope this helps
Unread 10-15-2009, 09:41 PM

Yeast infections are more likely due to antibiotics used for UTI's; IC is an inflammatory condition of the bladder that feels like a UTI (cystitis) but is not due to infection. It has flare-ups and remissions. Sometimes meds used for overactive bladder can give some relief...ask your urologist, and hang in there. Wishing you well.
Unread 10-16-2009, 07:35 AM

thank you all for the info..

i have an appt. with a uryoligist next week bc of these uti's and yeast infections..it always feels like i have a bladder infection.then the yeast infection comes and they both get WORSE! then the cycle continues..this all started last december??
i have constant right sided pain that radiates down my legs and all along my back..but i always think that is from my endo..?? right now i'm just miserable.as i know i have another uti/yeast infection.i'm heading to my pcp later on today,he will give my antibiotics and difulcan again! he's said i need to see a uryolgist bc there has got to be a reason for all these infections? i am going to ask the uryolgist if IC is a possiablity?

by the way: can having a cystocele and rectocele repair cause IC? i had them both done in 05.all was 'ok' untill last yr?
Unread 10-16-2009, 11:09 PM

I hope you have answers from your urologist, Usually they will only consider IC when you have UTI symptoms without infection. Sometimes people are more prone to IC when they have endo. Have they considered that maybe your getting all these bladder infections because your bladder doesn't empty completely?Just wondering. Good Luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register