I'm going to scream!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm going to scream!!! I'm going to scream!!!

Unread 09-17-2001, 11:53 AM
I'm going to scream!!!

Hi Everyone,
I am so confused and upset right now and needed to vent. I had a D&C and hysteroscopy on Wednesday and have a follow up appt. next Monday. I have extreme pressure on my bladder from one of the large fibroids and cramping in the abdominal area. I called the Dr. Sunday night and he wants to start me on an antibiotic because he believes it's a bladder infection. Today I called the office because of the cramps and he called me and said that this was all normal due to my LARGE uterus. When I asked him what size it was he told me he was with patients and we would discuss it on Monday. Boy-don't they understand the need to know??!! I know he probably thinks I am a pain, but I am nervous and none of my questions will be answered for a whole week-by then I will have a BOOK of questions!! He said we needed to get the ball rolling with the hysterectomy and I asked if there were any pre-op tests we could start-he said not right now. His secretary that schedules the surgery, will be back on Monday and we would go from there. How do you deal with all the WAITING?????? I am reading everything I can on hysterectomy-he probably can't do a TVH because of the size of the fibroids and my uterus. We also have to address the ovaries-there is a small cyst on the left one. What to do?? I am only 36 and don't want to go into menopause already. Help me to be patient and understand. I apologize for this being soooooo long but I needed to get this out.
God Bless Everyone.

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2001, 12:16 PM
I'm going to scream!!!

Linda,

I don't have the same issues confronting me that you do, but I do know the feeling of wanting to scream over the Dr. office not being responsive to our need to know. It took three weeks for the nurse at mine to call me, even though I left messages for her. The problem was that she works for two drs. and I was told that "she only schedules these things when she has time." When I finally did reach her, and express my frustration over that, she said sort of tersely that my dr. would certainly notify her if this was an emergency (implying, I thought, that I was way overreacting). It might not be an emergency to them, but ask anyone who lives and works with me how much an emergency it might be. Finally, I've been scheduled for Oct.12, a long time to wait for me, with all these dreams and things going on. I can't help with your situation at your dr. but I really wanted to respond in the hopes that maybe knowing you're not alone will help a little. It's almost like self service medical care, isn't it? :-) Oh, and don't you love this site? Good luck, and patience to you.

tree
Unread 09-17-2001, 12:48 PM
I'm going to scream!!!

Tree,

Thanks so much for responding-yes I love this site. It has helped me so much in the past few weeks since I found out I would need a hysterectomy. You are so right-they don't seem to think anything is an emergency. The pain everyday and the frequency of going to the bathroom brings me to tears. They are not living inside of our bodies, so therefore a week or two or a month doesn't seem like an eternity, like it does to us.
I pray that all goes well with your surgery-exactly what will you be having done?
Thanks again.

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2001, 01:38 PM
I'm going to scream!!!

Hi Jodycat,
Yes I know the waiting is hard but try to be patient. I waited two days before a secretary called me back for a date. It didn't matter when it was scheduled but just due to the fact I was getting it done made me feel better emotionally. As far as menapause, if your ovaries are good they probably will leave them in and you won't have to be dealing with menapause. Keep ovaries and no hormones needed I've got fibroids and a large uterus and was told once it reached the size of 10 weeks it would require and abdominal incision. Mine is 9 week size so I was relieved to know I can get a TVH. I have read on here though that others have had a TVH with the uterus the size of 15 weeks. It depends on your dr's skills. I have bladder frequency as well and urologist told me once the uterus is out it will relieve that pressure. Make sure if you have any other bladder issues (trouble emptying) you consider seeing a urologist. Is he giving you anything for the pain? If it's unbearable and regular over the counter meds don't work make sure he's aware of that. I nearly panicked when I didn't know if a TVH could be done or not because of the size but keep in mind your dr will know what is best depending on his skills. You can always get a second opinion if you are not happy with the first. Hang in there.
Unread 09-17-2001, 02:44 PM
I'm going to scream!!!

My doctor's nurse just had a TAH in February. She also said she went nuts trying to get things scheduled, work with insurance and getting the correct information from the hospital/doctor and SHE WORKS THERE!!

I do not know why but I felt better when she told me that. I guess I felt like I was being ignored and I was the only one.

My doctor adopted a baby girl 8 weeks ago. She is just getting back to work and adjusting!! her schedule is so tight.... just getting a question answered is a pain!

Traci

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register