radiation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-17-2001, 01:59 PM
radiation

Is there anyone out there who had uterine cancer, TAH/BSO surgery and has undergone (or is about to undergo) radiation therapy following surgery? If so, please respond. I see the radiologist 9/21/01. I am afraid and have questions/concerns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2001, 02:05 PM
radiation

Hi 88Keys, I can't help you with your question, but wanted to let you know you should try to post this on the cancer concerns board, you'll get lots of help there. Good luck to you. s
Jan
Unread 09-18-2001, 03:50 AM
Moved your question

Hi 88keys, I have moved your question to the Cancer Concerns forum. I had my surgery for cervical cancer, but was very lucky that I didn't need follow-up radiation or chemo.

The ladies here in Cancer Concerns can answer your questions and give you a knowing shoulder to lean on.

's and best wishes to you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2001, 05:13 AM
radiation

I was fotunate to not need treatments after cervical cancer, but you are in the right place here! I am sure that one of the ladies who can share with you will be posting very soon!
I do know that what helped the ladies so much was a positive attitude and knowing that their fight was going to make them well again! And don't forget that we are all here for you, rooting you on each day!!
Unread 09-18-2001, 06:12 AM
radiation

Hi 88keys, I had cervical/vaginal cancer not uterine, but I did have radiation treatment both external beam and internal ( brachytherapy). Please ask me anything , I am most willing to share and at least try to put your mind at ease a little. This is sure a scary road to walk. But remember you arent alone . We are all here for you . You can come and cry or just complain anytime you need. Much love and support always x x
Unread 09-18-2001, 01:32 PM
radiation

Hello 88Keys,
I had uterine cancer, stage 2B. I a 37 years old. I had both internal and external radiation. Please ask me any thing!! I am from New York........
I finshed with my treatments in June. My doctor told me I had an excellent prognosis. I am not that afraid of the cancer anymore. I fear for the country's future. I pray for the souls of the victims of the attacks, and for our uniformed personnel who have lost their lives.
Please feel free to email me. I would be more then happy to share my experince.
Valentina
Unread 09-18-2001, 07:55 PM
radiation

Hi,

I wanted to add my thoughts and prayers for you. I don't have any personal experience with radiation as my treatments were a different flavor (chemo) but wanted to add my support.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing when you can. We're all here for you in any way we can be so please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Take care and sending many 's.

Vicki
Unread 09-20-2001, 07:12 PM
hi

am on my third day of radiation and just finished my first day of chemo today...i am feeling very well and upbeat...i have cervical cancer and will endure treatments for the next 6 weeks...30 radiation treatments and 6 chemo...it can be very nerve wracking until you really have gone through it and know what to expect...radiation right now is a breeze...i'm sure it will cause side effects later on but right now it's just mostly fatigue...the chemo today took 4 hours being hooked up to an iv...it was mostly just a drag to be there...have a positive attitude and try not to worry...so far my worrying has been for nothing...i just want to hear them say the end of oct. that i'm cancer free and i can go on with my life...i'll be thinking and praying for you
Unread 09-21-2001, 09:56 AM
radiation

Hi 88 Keys !

I know how your feeling, i also have endometrial cancer. Had TAH/BSO on 8-29-01, Dr. thought we'd be o.k. with that but the cancer had spread into the uterus wall more than half way so he feels it's best to do radiation just to be sure no hidden cells are lurking around. My insicion opened up on my 2nd day in the castle and I still have nurses coming twice a day to pack the wound. My first appointment with the radiologist is on 9-26, I think it's just to get things discussed and set up because I don't think they can do anything until the wound is healed. Good luck with your appointment, let us know how it went !

Robin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register