Completed First Day at Work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Completed First Day at Work Completed First Day at Work

Unread 09-17-2001, 03:12 PM
Completed First Day at Work

Hi Sisters,

Just completed my first official back to work day (full time). I am now l0 wks post op, had several complications for the first 4 weeks of my recovery. Everything was going fine until after lunch about 2:00 or 3:00 I just wanted to go lay down. Of course I couldn't does anyone know how long this is going to last? I feel like I have worked a double shift. A little more achy today too. I'm sure I will be retiring alot earlier tonight.

Love,

Patty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2001, 06:14 AM

Congratulations on making through your first day! Can you stretch out on a couch somewhere to each lunch? If you can get your feet up for a bit in the middle of the day, it'll be a little easier to get through the afternoon. Please continue to be easy on yourself. Work is about all you can handle at this point.

Unread 09-18-2001, 06:45 AM

Hi Patty!

I echo what Denise said...work is all you can handle now. That was hard for me to admit when I first went back -- and I went back fulltime at 6 weeks. I freely admit I should have gone parttime at first ... it was about 10 weeks before I could really handle fulltime. It is definitely hard! I felt like if I worked I should be able to do the home stuff too but I couldn't!

Just hang in there and take care of yourself! I got a huge burst of energy about 12 weeks and have only had one really bad bout of fatigue since then (I'm right at 16 weeks now).

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

Rosa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2001, 11:39 AM

I also went back to work for the first time last night after being off 6 1/2 weeks. I worked 11 hours straight. Being that I work night shift we get no lunch hour. I must say that my swelly belly was very distended and hard this morning when I returned home and I certainly was tired.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to combat the belly problem for night shift workers? I work by myself in a sleep lab and have no one to relieve me so that I can put my feet up and rest>
Unread 09-18-2001, 01:35 PM

Hi Sleepy! What about getting up & walking around a bit? I found that when I went back to work & got swelly belly but couldn't lay down, that getting up & walking around helped a lot. If you can alter your position even for a few minutes an hour it might help.

Rosa
Unread 09-19-2001, 10:25 AM

So glad to hear the honesty of being tired. I had a 2nd surgery a week ago for gall bladder been 6 weeks since the hysto. The gall surgeon says I am babying myself to much. The reason for being tired. I read the post where the lady mowed the grass. I'm lucky to sweep. I do minor house cleaning but no way could I clean a bath tub or major stuff. I really don't feel like I am babying myself. My husband wanted to go punch the doctor out LOL So at least he is on my side and says I am not babying myself. On a norm I work 40 hours and do a lot of volunteerism on the side so its not that I'm normally this tired or lazy.

My GYN released me and said what ever the gall bladder surgeon said would be his recomendation. I was feeling good and doing a lot more before I had this second surgery. Anyway again thanks for the honesty. It gives me hope that I'm not a WHIMPY BABY

I go back to work Monday so hope I get some energy soon.
Unread 09-19-2001, 02:44 PM
me too

I went back to work Monday finally for 8 hrs a day (I am 8 weeks post op) Both Monday and Tuesday night I was asleep by 6 p.m. - i am just exhausted! Will I ever be back to normal as far as energy levels go?? I feel like I should be all better by now!!!!!:halfmast:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register