the sex drive is gone, no wait it's back, no wait it's gone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

the sex drive is gone, no wait it's back, no wait it's gone the sex drive is gone, no wait it's back, no wait it's gone

Unread 10-16-2009, 12:43 PM
the sex drive is gone, no wait it's back, no wait it's gone

Yesterday i'm whining because my sex drive seemed to have disappeared. Then last night, out of the blue, it shows up again. Not just peeking around the corner and shyly suggesting I might be interested...no this was jumping up and down on the bed, demanding to be taken seriously and then totally angry when it was reminded i have another week before full intercourse is allowed.

Does this come and go for any one else? Am i likely to be in the middle of being very interested, only to have it switch off and tell me I don't want to be touched?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Re: the sex drive is gone, no wait it's back, no wait it's gone

I'm not sure that I can totally relate. When my sex drive started fading due to normal menopause, I didn't ever feel like I didn't want to be touched, I just didn't have the normal urges. It was so subtle, I didn't notice it really go away. What I noticed was when my dr. put me on HRT, it came roaring back. I started having sex dreams and would just randomly think about sex during the day. Now that I've had the surgery, I'm missing the strong urges, but I still think about and enjoy sex. Sorry, I'm not much help but I guess I'm just trying to say that the hormones play a huge role in this and yours are probably fluctuating right now. I'm betting you'll be raring to go when it's time.
Unread 10-16-2009, 05:24 PM

Catarina
If you don't mind me asking what hrt are you on my doctor put me in estratest hs and I have had a headache all day I started taking it last night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loislane123 View Post
Catarina
If you don't mind me asking what hrt are you on my doctor put me in estratest hs and I have had a headache all day I started taking it last night.
The only thing I'm using since the surgery is the Estrace vaginal cream. I'm really not having any bad symptoms, so we decided to wait 6 months and talk about it again then. The dr. put me on microgestin BCPs a couple yrs ago when I started having severe anxiety due to what we assume was perimenopause. I noticed an improvement within a week or so but microgestin isn't appropriate if you've had a hysterectomy. I've read an awful lot of threads about others who are having headaches from the HRT. I would definitely start tracking when/how bad and chat with your dr. about it.
Unread 10-16-2009, 06:18 PM

Hrt helped it huh? I just want it back. I am not on a HRT right now. I had a vaginal fistua post op. I am a little afraid of the hrt. but then again I am want to feel something again...poor DH!!! i am only 35.
Unread 10-16-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1014 View Post
Hrt helped it huh? I just want it back. I am not on a HRT right now. I had a vaginal fistua post op. I am a little afraid of the hrt. but then again I am want to feel something again...poor DH!!! i am only 35.

I've read that testosterone can really help. As women, we wouldn't want or need a high dose, but apparently, even a small dose can help the libido pick back up. I would definitely ask your dr. about it.
Unread 10-16-2009, 07:28 PM

Thank you for the info I'm only going to give it another day or two because i can't deal with headaches. But I have to say I finally slept all night last night I have done that in a long time.
Unread 10-16-2009, 07:31 PM

I wish mine would peek through. I have lost ANY sex drive I once had. I don't even think about it My poor DH. I feel so bad I can't satisfy him.

I have no sexual sensations what so ever...I would jump up and down if I were you, lol. It's good you have that feeling.
Unread 10-16-2009, 08:21 PM

Thanks Cathy!!! I am going to go back to the dr soon.
Unread 10-17-2009, 08:43 AM

My Dr put me on testostrone 2.5 but I'm still not noticing much, if any, effect. They did say it may take a month or two to make a difference. I'm approaching the two month point and wondering if they need to increase the dose. Sometimes I wonder if they gave me a placebo to see if it was just in my head. My poor DH is suffering!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register