Anyone thinking of a tattoo?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone thinking of a tattoo?? Anyone thinking of a tattoo??

Unread 10-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Re: Anyone thinking of a tattoo??

I think tatoos are just fine. But the Hystersisters Crown????is my point..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2009, 10:49 AM

Maraen,

Now that the mood has improved (not that I've received any answers but resolved to wait two more days)...

If I was to get a tattoo to symbolize my journey...

it would be a koi fish that turns into a dragon ...

because the koi symbolizes perseverance in the face of adversity and the dragon (for me) would be strength, good health and perhaps a little more luck for any future journey
Unread 10-29-2009, 11:57 AM

I would totally do it (and I will)!!

My surgery isn't until June, so my neice/nephew will be about 6mo buy then and my sister and me are going to get one together!!

I think it's a wonderful way to celebrate everything I've been through, but I don't think I"ll be getting a princess anything!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2009, 06:05 PM

A good friend and I were talking about having hystersisters tattoed on our butts...then we thought (since we both have shot rifles competitivly) to have 2nd ammendment sisters on the other butt cheek and then pitol pack non momma's in the middle!

we proably won't get them, but I am still seriously considering it! Have to check with doc first to see if other medical issues would be a concern.

I say go for it!
Unread 10-29-2009, 06:48 PM

My husband is designing my next tattoo for me. Its gonna be awsome, its in the shape of a guitar with his last name as the neck and with my maiden name on the guitar on the body, and hes drawing other things on the body of the guitar. (my husband is a singer/songwriter/guitarist) Im gonna put mine on my back between my shoulder blades. My other tat is along my lower back right above my pant line I designed that one. I figured if I'm gonna put art on my body its gotta be something of mine. My husband wanted to do something for my belly but I said no cause I wont show that off, at least not to anyone else but him.

So go for it gals, after all we only have one life to live, you better do it now and not never!
Unread 10-29-2009, 07:28 PM

Hi I already have 11 tattoos.As soon as I figure out what I want I am getting another one. I got one after my shoulder surgery also.
Unread 10-29-2009, 07:42 PM

I'm no newbie to tattoos, I have three already. Each of them means something intense to me. I will say this, think about it for a while before you do it, and by a while I mean more than a month, it's permanent, and if it means that much to you, trust me it still will 6 months from now. (if it doesn't you'll be glad you waited)
I want one of those now infamous flowers going up the stomach. I haven't decided on all the details, but I want color, and I want to mix tribal flowers with real ones. It will definitely be unique, when I'm done, but that's the point right?
Oh yeah... and, if you do choose to get one, do it Before you go on your losing weight cuz your healthy tear. Being a little tubby wherever you get the tattoo makes it less painful, AND for some strange reason, makes it heal faster and more evenly. Dunno why, but like I said, this will be number four for me
Unread 10-30-2009, 10:16 AM

I have 8 already, so I am also no stranger to tattoos. Just thought I would share my visions of getting something monumental for this HUGE hill we all overcame. =)
Unread 10-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Anyone thinking of a tattoo??

Quote:
Originally Posted by maraen123 View Post
Well I thought of it more as a great obstacle in my life. Nothing about being a walking medical record. But to be proud of all the bumps and hills I have had along the way. Thats all I was getting at.
Go for it girl! Who cares what anyone else thinks. Pay tribute as you want! Post some pics when its done so we can see I guess it depends where you're thinking of puttimg it though!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register