Re: Help with vaginal pain (vaginal cuff) and discomfort | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Re: Help with vaginal pain (vaginal cuff) and discomfort Re: Help with vaginal pain (vaginal cuff) and discomfort

Unread 10-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Re: Help with vaginal pain (vaginal cuff) and discomfort

Hi,

I'm approximately 10 weeks post hysterectomy, and have had what feels like deep vaginal/pain discomfort (vaginal cuff) in varying degrees since the end of week 5, Sept 11. Basically I still feel like I have a dry tampon stuffed up in there and I'm at a loss for what to do to get this feeling/pain/ache to go away; sitting and standing for extended periods of time seems to make things worse. I have been checked and apparently everything is healing normally and where it should be. My surgeon was not helpful, but my normal gyn that I'm seeing now seems to understand and want to help me. When she touched the vaginal cuff, it was extemely sore and painful. She treated me for a vaginal infection, but the feeling I have persists. She suggested that we try estrogen cream next. Has anyone out there had the same trouble I'm having? Did it eventually heal and the discomfort go away? Would be grateful for any help/insight that anyone could provide.

cameliarose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2009, 03:33 PM

I can't really help much because I started using the estrace cream at the 6 week point just to avoid that problem. I'd highly suggest giving it a try and see if it helps.
Unread 10-20-2009, 06:21 PM

Thank you very much for responding to me. I'm going to contact the dr. tomorrow about getting some estrogen cream to see if that helps. Noone had suggested that to me when I started having trouble, but it's a good suggestion and I'm going to give it a try

Have a great night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2009, 06:52 PM

I know a little how you feel. I'm not in pain, but I'm so dry and my doctor never warned me this would happen. I had my hysterectomy because of cancer so I can't do the estrogen thing. I bought Replens at the store last week. You are supposed to use it once every three days, but I've had to use it every other day and it only helps a little. This evening I experimented with KY jelly on a tampon and that actually worked O.K. for me. I'd rather have a dry vagina than cancer, but I hope someone replys with a good solution to this problem. It's so uncomfortable!
Unread 10-20-2009, 09:54 PM

Talk to your doctors, my ovaries were removed and I started having vaginal atrophy. It was sore and uncomfortable. Even though I had a cancer dx my gyn-onc okayed a little vaginal estrogen (estrace) and that has helped quite a bit.

G.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register