Surgery Re-sched - Equipment not available | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Re-sched - Equipment not available Surgery Re-sched - Equipment not available

Unread 10-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Surgery Re-sched - Equipment not available

My surgery date was scheduled for Monday the 26th (LSH). Went and had all my pre-op appts yesterday; lab work, EKG, chest x-ray, the whole deal and got back in my car to get a phone call from my drs office telling me the hosp just called them to cancel my surgery for Monday because the equip was unavailable. AARRGG.

As you all know, you kind of build yourself up to this point mentally and now I've got to start all over. They don't even have another date yet. Plus, I've already gone through HR at work for short-term disability and time off and will need to call and have all of that put on hold until another date is set.

Just had to vent. . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Re: Surgery Re-sched - Equipment not available

That is just sooooo frustrating! I was supposed to have my surgery July 21st. On the 20th they called to say it was cancelled. I had already done by bowel prep and hadn't eaten in 21 hours! I was devastated, angry, sad. I just couldn't believe it.

Then it was another week before I knew when my surgery would be and had to wait over 2 more weeks.

I tried so hard to find something that would make me accept the change. My husband kept saying that God made it happen that way for a reason. I guess I will never know for sure but I do know that my surgery went great, I ended up with a different hernia surgeon than I would have had the first time so maybe I wasn't supposed to have him.

So, I have to believe that God was looking out for me and didn't want me to have surgery that first time.

Hang in there and try to find comfort in knowing that there is a reason for everything.

Best wishes!
Unread 10-24-2009, 04:55 PM

Hi (((Scrappy One))) I'm sorry you had your surgery cancelled... I'm sure it's hard to deal with *almost* being there and then being told you have to wait until... whenever.

What type of surgery are you having? I was just wondering if it's possible that it requires specialized equipment such as the daVinci robot. In that case, I could totally understand the delay if either the equipment were out of service or if someone with a more urgent need was being scheduled in "your" slot. You never know, your reschedule might even help save someone else's life.

in there... I hope they're able to fit you in very soon.

-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2009, 06:29 PM

I hear your frustration. Hopefully they will be able to reschedule quickly. I know that it is so hard when you have already had to wait. It may turn out to be good that you had to reschedule. Here's wishing you luck with getting a new day quickly so you don't have to wait for too long.
Unread 10-25-2009, 12:15 PM

Thanks for listening to my frustration - I too am one that believes things happen for a reason. I think it's more of the mental preparedness than anything that is frustrating. The rest is easy enough to deal with.

I'm scheduled for a LSH for large fibroids so there would be special equipment needed. I'm hoping it won't be "weeks", but it is what it is.

Thanks!
Unread 10-25-2009, 06:45 PM

I am glad that you are feeling better about everything. I am sure it will work out in the end. Sometimes little things derail your plans. Hopefully it won't take them to long to reschedule.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register