Scheduled SAH surgical menopause | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgical menopause surgical menopause

Unread 10-30-2009, 12:14 AM
surgical menopause

I forgot to ask this question on my last post.
I would like to hear from anyone who removed their ovaries. I prefer positive feed back. Anyone on HRT or no HRT and doing the herb thing. Just want to get some feed back. What about the wrist cream stuff

Thanks for caring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2009, 05:22 AM
Re: surgical menopause

I'm 2 weeks post-op today, so my response doesn't have much info for you. I had some night sweats, but no flushing or flashes, no mood swings. My doctor, who I saw Wednesday, put me on a combo of Estrogen & Progestron (sp) because I had endometriosis on one of my ovaries (had both removed in TAH).

I started them Wednesday and have had no more night sweats. I feel really well, some minor abdominal discomfort but am on no pain meds now. I have absolutely NO regrets.
Unread 10-30-2009, 04:54 PM

Hi. My surgery was in August, everything removed. I have not had any menopause symptoms to speak of and am going without HRT. So far, so good!

Best wishes to you for your surgery and recovery. Keep us posted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2009, 12:24 AM

Thanks for the good news. I am training my brain to refuse any bad feelings......hope it works.
Unread 10-31-2009, 11:15 AM

I had my surgery in late July and had some night sweats in the first week or so but none since then. I've also had a few hot flashes but they're more warm than hot, so not a big deal. I did request the Estrace vaginal cream but only because I was freaked out at the idea of vaginal atrophy. I use it a few times a week and everything seems to be in good order.
Unread 10-31-2009, 06:19 PM

Hi million - I had my surgery on 10-22 and so far so good. I'm feeling pretty good. I had the total hysterectomy with both ovaries removed. I am on a HRT patch, low dosage and I havent had any real menopause symptons yet. I'm still sore but am able to take care of myself. I did have one hot flash while I was in the hospital, it wwas bad enough that they put ice packs on my head and neck to help me. That could have been an effect of the anesthesia also??? Who knows. Good luck to you.
Unread 11-01-2009, 01:21 PM

I am a year and a half post op. Had ovaries out, along with uterus and tubes. I am not doing HRT (my choice), and so far, mood and hot flashes are nothing I cant handle. Sexually, I can no longer be the initiator (sp), but I do still orgasm. Hope this helps
Unread 11-02-2009, 09:25 AM

I'm 39 yrs old and had a TAH/BOS. My Dr. gave me a hormone shot in the hospital and at my 2 week post op appt. started me on an estrogen/testosterone oral suppliment. I haven't had any menapause symptoms. I actually feel better physically and emotionally than I did before the hysterectomy. I use to get a couple of migraine headaches every month, but I haven't had a single headaches since my surgery almost 5 weeks ago.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register