Other DiVinci patients.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Other DiVinci patients.... Other DiVinci patients....

Unread 10-30-2009, 06:54 AM
Other DiVinci patients....

Had my surger on 10/13 and I was amazed at how little I bled. After the first day I didn't even need a pad!

My dr told me to expect spotting at 2 weeks and sure enough exactly 2 weeks later I started spotting. It's not red, more of a pinkish discharge. How long is that supposed to go on? I've been spotting for 4 days now. Just curious if I should be concerned. It's not heavy but I do need to wear a pad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Re: Other DiVinci patients....

I had spotting for about 3 weeks post-op. Nothing too bad. The first week was a little heavier but I called the doctor's office because I really was not told about anything and the nurse said it was all normal. After going back for my 2 week post-op he said to expect spotting for about another week and he was right. I can gladly say I have not worn a pad for a whole week after having to wear one for 5 years plus.
Unread 10-30-2009, 07:07 AM

I had DaVinci surgery on 10/5. Same as you as far as the bleeding - VERY little (and it wasn't really even blood, more just pinkish spotting) and it only lasted maybe three days post surgery. Again, around the 2 week mark, a bit more pinkish spotting, and really only when I wiped, not enough for a pad. I did have a small amount of bleeding over this past weekend, but again, only when I wiped and I am pretty sure it was due to me really straining during a bm (sorry TMI, I know!), but I could feel ALOT of pressure internally when I was going, and sure enough, a bit of blood when I wiped.

As far as the rest of my healing...I have felt AMAZING! By day 3 post op, I was in disbelief that I had just had major surgery three days prior. I wasn't taking much pain meds and was really just tender at my incision sites. Three weeks later, I really just feel wonderful! My incisions are still tender to the touch, but only if I touch them. I feel as if I am completely healed (although I know I am not!) and I still have to remind myself to take it easy and continue to ask my family to help me lift things. I am driving, sleeping well, walking for up to 40 minutes a day, doing light housework, pretty much everything except lifting, and of course, no sex yet.

I don't know if this is typical of all DaVinci patients, or if some of us just heal quicker than others, but I would do this surgery again in a heartbeat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2009, 07:34 AM

My Da Vinci hysterectomy was on October 25th. I never had one drop of bleeding or spotting. I actually found it uncanny. A about the 3 week mark there was some white/pasty discharge...but not sure it that was a hormonal issue, as I preserved my ovaries (took cervix,tubes and uterus). I also could not believe I underwent major surgery....was running around with my new puppy 4 days post-op. I do have issues with my bladder (pressure and frequency)...and muscle aches/pain (though I have a spine condition predating the surgery). Why didn't I ever get any spotting, I have no clue. Seems it's more normal than not!
Unread 10-30-2009, 08:30 AM

hey! My Davinci was about 6 weeks ago. I had the brownish discharge for about 2 weeks, then it went to light pink, and then yellow, and now it is gone THANK GOODNES!!! NO MORE PADS!! whoohoo.
I love the fact that i had the Davinici. (cervix, uterus and right ovary/tube removed-saved the left). And, i was up and walking around the next day, not to much pain, until i got a kidney infection, that set me back about a week ughhhh.
i know i shouldn't talk about this part, my Dh and i "cheated" last night (not full penetration), i cann't wait til the full monty !!!!!!
Seems sometimes i still have pressure down there, not as often as i was before, seems to be subsiding, i still can't stand for a long period of time..thatsss when the pressure mounts.
MEMY i know how you feel, i have had to wear pads for a few years now, sometimes a few weeks at a time..sometimes a few months, I am so grateful for this surgery omg!! I just want to be normal
And i agree with sunny, i wonder if we do heal quicker then most, since we have had the surgery

TK
Unread 10-30-2009, 10:13 AM

Hello Fellow DiVinci Ladies!
I had my surgery on 10/26....took everything. I'm not bleeding but still have pain (enough to take pain medication) and am very weak & tired. I try to walk frequently around the house but then have to sit. I woke up a little disappointed this morning because I thought I'd be feeling better 4 days out. I've read alot of posts here and it seems like most ladies are doing well very quickly....is what I am experiencing normal?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Carrie
Unread 10-30-2009, 10:23 AM

Carrie, don't fret I took a little longer getting better as well! No one heals the same just remember that and your only a week out give yourself some time. I really didnt feel great until at least week 2
As for the bleeding I bled (just pink) straight up until the 3 weeks mark when I saw my surgeon he put some silver nitrate on my cuff and have not bled since
Unread 10-30-2009, 12:31 PM

Hello ladies! I had my DaVinci on 10/15 with no bleeding whatsoever - until yesterday. It was pinkish when I got up and I thought I better put on a pad, just in case - I now how my body is . I was glad I did because I had a gush of bright red blood that totally soaked the pad (it was a regular size pad not a panti-liner). Also there was a huge clot after the gush - gross I thought that was over with! Called office, had to go in for an exam. He said that I had a "pocket" of blood left over from the surgery. He couldn't feel any more pockets and said everything is looking great! What's even better - the exam didn't hurt. It felt normal. Still pink discharge today. He said take it easy, that I may be over doing it.

The DaVinci was the way to go!
Unread 10-30-2009, 12:37 PM

Please forgive. I stated earlier 10/25 and I meant to say 9/25. I am 5 weeks out today.
Unread 10-30-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck1600 View Post
Hello Fellow DiVinci Ladies!
I had my surgery on 10/26....took everything. I'm not bleeding but still have pain (enough to take pain medication) and am very weak & tired. I try to walk frequently around the house but then have to sit. I woke up a little disappointed this morning because I thought I'd be feeling better 4 days out. I've read alot of posts here and it seems like most ladies are doing well very quickly....is what I am experiencing normal?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Carrie
WOW Miss Carrie! You are only 4 days out and are disappointed because you are not feeling better? It sounds to me like you are doing GREAT!! I also had my surgery on a Monday. By Thursday, I was feeling good - when I say on that day I was in disbelief that I had just had major surgery, I only meant that I was feeling much better than expected, but I was still needing to rest a lot and still uncomfortable. By that point, I could maybe walk up and down my street once. I took my percocet through Saturday, just to make sure I stayed on top of the pain. Then took Ibuprofin for a couple days after that. I did try to go to the mall that Saturday (6 days post op), and that was just WAY to much to handle. After a short time, I was wiped out and had to sit down! I learned really quickly that with this less invasive method or surgery, many of us may feel better sooner than other methods, but we still need to make sure we take the time to rest and recover properly. I am 3 1/2 weeks post op, today, and although at this point, I feel AMAZING, I still make myself take it easy and am following the rules until I see my doc at 5 weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register