My cough | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-09-2009, 09:38 AM
My cough

Pray for me ladies that my very slight cough goes away before surgery on 11/13. I had my pre-op on friday 11/6 and Doctor stated that he would possibly do a TVH instead of a TAH. Ladies is the recuperating time faster on a TVH than on a TAH. I also got a cough that is getting a little better, I have slightly lost my voice and it comes and it goes, well when I asked my Doctor about this he stated that if I didn't get better by Friday, he would cancel surgery. Ladies please pray for me and that my cough goes away. I don't have a cold, it is more like allergy's. I have waited sooooo long for this surgery and then here comes this cough.

Thank you Sisters.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Re: My cough

Hi Astroissie,
From what I have read, a TVH does have an easier recovery
from a TAH. Scroll at the top of the pre-op page and read some TVH stories that other sisters have wrote.
You are in my prayers for your cough to go away, and for a peace that passes all understanding.
Sending Hugs,
Carol
Unread 11-09-2009, 01:51 PM

HI I too go in Friday and have a cough, i belive mine is allergies as well.. i have been poping allergy pills like crazy and taking cough meds.. and its about gone! I am going to stay on top of it till surgery... best of luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2009, 02:44 PM

Thank you Carol. I was able to look up some stories. Amber good luck on friday and your allergy's. I pray that all goes well.
Unread 11-09-2009, 05:28 PM

Knowing that on average means just that, on average, vaginals can take about 2 weeks less recovery time than abdominal. But it's not that much difference.

Smart of you to ask for prayers. I am sending good vibes and prayers your way. Make sure to be honest with your doc. (as I'm sure you would) about where you're at in your healing before the surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register