Total hyster. and some bleeding - is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Total hyster. and some bleeding - is this normal? Total hyster. and some bleeding - is this normal?

Unread 11-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Total hyster. and some bleeding - is this normal?

They took everything - even though I was hoping and praying to keep my cervix and an ovary. It was all covered with severe endo and adhered to everything else. GYN tried to save my right ovary but said he could not clean it up well enough and I'd just be back to have it removed in a year with pain due to endo etc.

So my vagina is a "blind pouch", as they put it so pitifully. It is sewed shut. I have some blood when I wipe. I had this in the hospital but thought it was from the catheter. It's been there every time when I've gone today. I'm not entirely sure about yesterday but I don't remember it on Saturday or Friday. (it was my DD bday and we had family in etc. I'm sure I did too much, but have I royally screwed up?)

Should I be worried?

I have suture check tomorrow.

I am using some estradol cream vaginally 3xs a week - Dr. said something about helping with incisions, I am due for a dose tonight.

thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Re: Total hyster. and some bleeding - is this normal?

I also have a vaginal cuff which is what it sounds like they did for you..and bleeding is very normal for some time. As long as its not heavy I wouldn't worry about it. If it picks up or you are in more pain then I think it wouldn't hurt to call your doctor.
Unread 11-09-2009, 02:22 PM

From what I see on here, it seems pretty common, lots of women on here have bleeding/spotting for weeks after surgery. I am almost a month out and I still spot after doing a little too much, or even sitting for more than an hour. If this becomes heavy though you need to call your doc. Good Luck!

Rachel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2009, 04:02 PM

I have the vaginal cuff also and at three weeks out have some light bleeding off and on still. It does not even seem to matter how active I have been and is more likely in the morning when I first get up it seems. I am glad I had a box panti-liners left in the cupboard.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register