week 5 worse then week 4? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

week 5 worse then week 4? week 5 worse then week 4?

Unread 11-11-2009, 12:07 AM
week 5 worse then week 4?

I had light swelling, was off all pain meds, had good spirits and was generally feeling pretty good over all other then the stomach numbness and some pain when I voided but now week 5 seems to be worse then week 4 with lots of swelling and pain on my right side. I was also walking fine with no pain and now it is a constant nagging pain when I do. I am also back to experiencing hot flashes and crying spells in the last two days. I have no fever and cranberry juice and time seems to have greatly helped the voiding pain in the last 2 days. I know I have not over done it so now I'm worried that either my right ovary has had a set back or something or that I am just being paranoid and looking for issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Re: week 5 worse then week 4?

I am having the same problems I had no swelling until now. I hope that for both of us it turns out to be nothing serious and maybe just our warning to rest abit more.
Unread 11-11-2009, 02:13 AM

Ladies you are not alone on this one. I was doing great until week 3,4,5,6 I am actually going in tomorrow to see doc cause I cant take it anymore. I had went to the ER on friday (11-6) and the ER doc looked at me like, "Jeeeze lady you are what, 37 days out you should be back on your feet, doing dish, and laundry, and cleanind the house, and why on earth am I seeing you here tonight" he didnt actully say any of that but boy that is what I felt like. I went cause my doc told me to. So we will see what my doc says tomorrow. I have this feeling like something is pushing my right rib outwards. It is the strangest thing.
Anyhow I'll keep ya posted on whats up with my insides I hope your insides are doing good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2009, 07:52 AM

Interesting...I am 5 weeks and was just thinking that up to this point, I have felt amazing, and this week, I am just kind of blahhh and feel a bit achy, tired and more tender than I have (both at my incision sites, and in my vajayjay). Odd. Is it because this would be my normal PMS time??? I don't know. I am happy that I am going to the doctor today for my post op appt. though, and am hoping he reports that I am doing fine and dandy and can resume all normal activities...
Unread 11-11-2009, 11:03 AM

I am also experiencing more soreness and aches the last few days! Friday I thought my left ovary was gonna explode but am thinking it was probably ovulation pain and that now I am experiencing PMS I can't pinpoint if this is the time I would be getting it because my body was going wacko before my TVH. My doctor told me last week I will still experience all the pms symptoms because of having an ovary left so maybe there is some hope and all of us are pmsing!!
Unread 11-11-2009, 11:38 AM

I just got back from the doctor for my post op check. A couple of things - the nurse said I was running a slight fever (99. something) and asked if I was feeling okay (basically, I am). The doctor did an internal exam and said everything is healing REALLY REALLY REALLY well. He still wants me to wait for 8 weeks post op for intercourse (DANGIT!!!) but did clear me for all other relations and said I can resume all of my regular activities, but ease into them all slowly. I really didn't mention to him that this week has seemed a bit different. But, I really am just chalking it up to PMS (I kept both ovaries).

Last visit there, I told him I was really struggling with being *****y during my PMS week. He recommended a vitamin called Optivite PMT. I found it online at amazon and have been taking it for 3 weeks. I must say, I have noticed an IMMENSE difference in my attitude this month. Normally I am just REALLY irritable during this week, but this time, I can honestly say, I really do feel a change and actually have a "sunny" attitude. I think those of us with ovaries really are going to notice that we feel "different" during that time of the month...
Unread 11-11-2009, 11:54 AM

One thing to consider is that when you have been feeling well, you start doing more. And sometimes without thinking, you do a bit more than your body is ready for, causing what seems like a step back in recovery.

Take a step back and give your body some rest. If you can, think over all of your recent activities to see if there are some you have added that might need to wait a bit longer.

If you have concerns, always feel free to double check with your doctor!

Unread 11-11-2009, 03:14 PM

All completely normal -- when you start doing more, you tend to think you're "better" and then it seems you go backwards in recovery. Definitely happened to me around the same timeframe. I'm happy to say that I have had days when I don't even think about the surgery. Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register