Lower Stomach and Lower Back Pain 3 weeks Post Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lower Stomach and Lower Back Pain 3 weeks Post Op Lower Stomach and Lower Back Pain 3 weeks Post Op

Unread 11-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Lower Stomach and Lower Back Pain 3 weeks Post Op

I was 3 weeks post op from having a LAVH and as I type this am having lower abd pain and lower back pain..Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Re: Lower Stomach and Lower Back Pain 3 weeks Post Op

I had a pain in my lower right side. Went to doc yesterday and they told me I have a bladder infection and put me on an antibotic. I too am 3 weeks post op. I would atleast call doc and see what they say.
Unread 11-17-2009, 06:21 PM

I noticed if I do a lot of walking, I tend to have lower abdomial pain and low back pain on the same side. It is on my right side.....I am also 3 weeks post op...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2009, 08:37 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I am 3 weeks post op today and I am in more pain now than last week. I have had a pain under my right side also....
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:29 AM

I'm about 3 and a half weeks and I also have pain on my lower mid-right side and TERRIBLE lower back pain. Didn't call dr though....waiting to see if it will go away
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:56 AM

I had low back pain for several weeks after my surgery too. I think it's from being more sedentary but I also think it might have to do with the back muscles working harder/differently because the abdominal muscles don't want to. I found that using an ice pack helped more than anything else. It got to be a daily ritual for me to spend some time with the ice pack on my tummy and then I'd switch it to my back. It got much better but it took until the 5th-6th week to completely go away.
Unread 11-18-2009, 01:22 PM

I am also 3 weeks post-op and have been having back pain. I notice it is at its worst if I have been sitting upright or standing. But since my abs cannot do their job just yet - in addition to hysterectomy, my surgeon reapired 2 hernias in my abdomical wall - my back muscles seem to be working - and straining - overtime. Don't overdo it. If you feel uncomfortable take it as a sign to sit down and put your feet up. After having had 3 c-sections I thought for sure recovery from this would be similar - finding out that is NOT the case. I'm finding that I feel better if I allow my body - and how it feels - to be my guide.
Unread 12-12-2009, 09:53 PM

I had my total hysterectomy in November 2008. I complained about back pain in August 2008, but looking back, it wasn't at all as bad as it is right now. By September, of this year I started using a walker (I was born with Cerebral Palsy) because sometimes I find it difficult to pick my feet up.

I've had three MRIs to date and have seen 6 spinal/orthopedic doctors and all say my MRI shows herniated disc, arthritis and bulging disc. They all say I shouldn't be in so much pain and that I should go to physical therapy....which I've done.

I have been on .0625 of Cenestin for about a year. I have severe incontinence (one of the MRI's ruled out a problem with my bladder). I have swollen feet, ankles and legs. The water retention is pretty severe, even when I'm not sitting. I am on a bladder medication (Toviaz) and I still have to wear Depends.

Here's my main point:

I was doing research today and all three of these issues are supposedly related to HRT. Now, I want to stop taking it. I did stop taking my Cenestin for about a week and never had any side effects.

I tried the patch right after my surgery, but my skin couldn't tolerate the adhesive. At this point, if being off the HRT helps all three of these issues, I would trade them for gladly for a few hot flashes. It may never happen to me because I may take after my paternal grandmother who never had a need for HRT.
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn Lady View Post
I was 3 weeks post op from having a LAVH and as I type this am having lower abd pain and lower back pain..Is this normal?
Any new pain or worsening pain should probably be discussed with your doc's office, unless, of course, you have been doing more lately and your body is trying to tell you to tone it down.. Keep up updated.

Take care,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register