Swelly belly or Perfect Pocket Abdominal Binder for a da Vinci LAVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly belly or Perfect Pocket Abdominal Binder for a da Vinci LAVH Swelly belly or Perfect Pocket Abdominal Binder for a da Vinci LAVH

Unread 11-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Swelly belly or Perfect Pocket Abdominal Binder for a da Vinci LAVH

Hi sisters!!!

I am 3 wks post daVinci robot LAVH. I have incisions in my belly button, above my bb to the left on my high waist (9 inches to my pelvic bone), and below my bb on the left and right side (9 inches apart) mid abdomen.

My belly is still swollen and I would like to try one of the abdomen binders but cannot tell which one will work best as I have sore and sensitive incisions all over! I would like a binder that will cover the entire area as they are too sensitive to have anything, such as a seam, rubbing on them....

Please help!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

PookieCat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Re: Swelly belly or Perfect Pocket Abdominal Binder for a da Vinci LAVH

Hi (((PookieCat)))

I have read other posts by women who are concerned about the abdominal binders covering a large enough area. The abdominal support binder at the HysterSisters store is six inches wide if you want to measure the area that needs to be covered. There are also support panties available. Also, there is a contact tab in the upper right hand corner when you are at the store if you have more questions. Take care!

Unread 11-22-2009, 08:36 PM

I was given an abdominal binder in the hospital when the RN checked my incisions and found me clutching a pillow from home to my abdomen. For some reason that has always helped with my period pain (endo, adhesions).

It is about 8" wide and covers above the daVinci scars to hips. It is most supportive especially when I am on my feet more. I noticed that I forgot to put it on the other day after a shower and I had to run to the grocery for some much needed items. After the 1/2 of shopping I was very sore!! (including my back)

I love it. (I told DH they couldn't take it back since I bled on it...) It's actually beginning to fall apart, I have used it so much. I am tall and long waisted so I really think 6" wouldn't have been big enough. (I didn't have time to order anything since I was given a cancellation and only 36 hours notice)

No seams, just a big thing of velcro for the outer flap. It's like a giant elastic belt.

I did notice some tugging and turns out I had some stitches coming out and they were grabbing the elastic. Trimmed them off and good to go.

I wonder if your pharmacy could just order one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2009, 12:11 PM

Thanks for all your help!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register