very emotional kept my ovaries - so wots up? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

very emotional kept my ovaries - so wots up? very emotional kept my ovaries - so wots up?

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:28 AM
very emotional kept my ovaries - so wots up?

Hi its now been 16 days since a tah, i have kept my ovaries. I feel ok physically some soreness still in abdomen. But emotionally i feel low. I find myself really sobbing and becoming upset, also feel like my mood goes from happy to sad for no reason. Before my op i was told I could have a cancerous tumour in my uterus. I spent days worrying myself silly. Got the all clear a few days ago. What a relief. But i feel now emotionally drained, just really weepy. Could use a few words of wisdom x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Re: very emotional kept my ovaries - so wots up?

I had the same surgery and am at day 14, I've been a bit weepy myself but keep in mind even though you've kept your ovaries, they still have gone through a bit of a shock from the surgery and just need to adjust, that's what my doctor told me. Just remember one day at a time and it will be an up and down kind of thing. Take care and feel better because your not alone
Unread 12-03-2009, 03:06 PM

You have just been through a Major surgery so it makes sense that you would be emotional. The medications have to get out of your system too for you to feel better. It is possible that your ovaries went to sleep & your hormones are off. Mine did that & woke up in the 3rd month. Give yourself a break. You have been through a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2009, 04:30 PM

I had an LAVH on Nov. 11th and have been feeling much like you are describing. It's a big deal to have this kind of surgery and I think it's natural to be emotional afterwards. I have felt better as time passes and I am able to be up and about. I have had a great support system through this too and I hope that you have the same.
Unread 12-03-2009, 05:46 PM

I also kept my ovaries and was WAY weepy from about week 3 to week 7. My old doc tried telling me that I was depressed and put me on an anti-depressant that just made things worse. I finally switched docs cause I wasnt being heard. My new doc took me off them, and I feel so much better. Your body just needs some time to adjust to loosing its uterus, since our uteruses do produce some hormones for us, its just gonna take time. Don't beat yourself up and cry all you want and remember we are all here for you, and you are not alone. Take care of yourself and keep in touch

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register