1st chemo completed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1st chemo completed 1st chemo completed

Unread 12-09-2009, 11:05 AM
1st chemo completed

I'm getting Topotecan once a week (30 min. sessions) for 3 weeks straight with one week off. Then repeat the cycle 6 times.

Finished the first today and felt great up until about an hour ago. Just extreme fatigue, almost like all the blood has been drained from my body. I guess a sign that the chemo has begun to attack the cells, good and bad. YAY! Will just nap to combat this and maybe drink a cup of green tea.

Anyone else take Topotecan? Just curious what side effects you've experienced. They also said I'll lose my hair in about a week. With this hitting so quickly I'm starting to thing that the hair is going to fall out quicker than they said. Everybody is different, I'm having fun shopping for scarves and coming up with some cool looks to go with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Re: 1st chemo completed

Beautifully done ialwaysworry. You are a true hero.

Sending you
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:29 PM

Glad you've got the first one under your belt. Hope you have smooth sailing from this one out!
Cancer better RUN!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2009, 06:49 PM

Thanks ladies. I thought I had a good 48 hrs before nausea and fatigue set in. It kinda just rushed up on me and before I had a chance to breath BOOM! LOL. The side effect meds worked wonder, and getting out of the house to go to my son's Special Olympic Basketball game helped with the fatigue. From what I've read about this drug is that if you experience side effects soon after getting it, you were given a nice large dose. I AM NOT COMPLAINING, they can give me as much as they believe it will take.

Now, I feel great. (Knock on wood! LOL) Going to the game is just what I needed! And of course they won. YAY.
Unread 12-09-2009, 08:00 PM

I'm so proud of you............. You are one tough lady my friend!!! I am glad that #1 is out of the way and you have an idea of what to exect. Just remember if YOU feel bad~~~~ Imagine what it is doing to your cancer!!! You go girl!! HUGS and happy scarf hunting!!! have you looked on Etsy.com??? There are some VERY talented peeps on there that sell their homemade goods for next to nothing. I would check into it and see if you can't come by some bargains for your noggin'...lol! I actually have a site on there where I sell refurbished yardsale and thrift store finds mostly. I LOVE the shabby chic look!!!
Unread 12-13-2009, 03:07 PM

Hey Lalwaysworry
Good on ya
Sometimes it just takes starting something for it to get closer to the end.
I would guess your hair will not fall out until 14 days, it has more to do with how the follicle forms than the actual drug.
The way I got through chemo sometimes was to make "comfort food" kinds of casseroles and "graze" on them all day. My stomach just felt a bit better with something in it.
That being said, I put on 10 lbs with chemo
I wish you the best
janet
Unread 12-13-2009, 08:19 PM

Happy to hear you got through the first round!! And to go out that night?? You're my hero!
Unread 12-13-2009, 08:30 PM

Haven't had chemo before, but I hope I can take it as gracefully as you! One step closer to being healed.

Take care and keep that head warm this winter.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register