Severe back pain - rt side of lower spine | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe back pain - rt side of lower spine Severe back pain - rt side of lower spine

Unread 12-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Severe back pain - rt side of lower spine

Had total abdominal hysterectomy (kept cervix) on October 23rd, 2009. My pain is localized to the right portion of lower spine. Questioning whether this is related to my hysterectomy, or an entirely different issue altogether?? Still taking pain killers when the pain is worse. If this sounds familiar to anyone, a response would be greatly appreciated. You guys are my rock!!!! Will be seeing my GYN tomorrow and will advise what she thinks is happening. Thanks a million!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2009, 01:47 AM
Re: Severe back pain - rt side of lower spine

Don't know but keep us updated.

Unread 12-11-2009, 07:12 AM

Do you have any pain going down your leg? Had you had any back/spine prob before? I hope you the best and please let us know what they say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2009, 04:15 PM

Hi,
I had a total laporoscopic vaginal hysterectomy on October 1st. I also have really bad pain on the right side of my lower spine. It even extends down to my leg. Does anyone have an idea what it means? I also have a hard painful lump under my incision on the left side of my abdomen. Is it normal? What could it be?
Unread 12-12-2009, 04:54 AM

Painful lump doesn't sound normal. I'd ask my doc. asap. to be careful.

Unread 12-12-2009, 03:32 PM

Mentioned pain to GYN and she said it was probably some arthritis. I did go for a back xray a little while back and my family physician said it looked like I had arthritis at the bottom of my spine. Furthermore, it has not travelled down my right leg?? Now, I am too in a query as to what is causing the pain?My GYN also informed me that everyone gets this with age. As for the lump on the left side, I did have this for about a month after my hysterectomy, and now it isn't too bad. I thought it was from the needle for blood thinners that possibly hit a vein.
Unread 12-12-2009, 05:26 PM

I would ask for an MRI, instead of an x ray, only b/c MRI shows so much more and in more detail. I have arthritis in my back and hips. By the end of the day, pain down my leg is aweful. Have some other kinda serious things going on w/ my back also though. Did they give you any meds? I am generic voltaren..diflucanac...works pretty well. I hope the best for you, and hope that you are able to manage your pain as well as you can. Heating pad really helps also.
Unread 12-12-2009, 06:55 PM

To horseslover - thanks for your reply. I will get to see my family physician soon and will get further tests on my spine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register