Anyone using Vaniqa? (kids mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone using Vaniqa? (kids mentioned) Anyone using Vaniqa? (kids mentioned)

Unread 12-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Anyone using Vaniqa? (kids mentioned)

I tried do a search and came up with two older post, trying to find something newer.

Is anyone currently using Vaniqa? Can you give my any info on this product?

I have always had facial hair, for as long as I can remember. In the past year (previously I just waxed here & there) I had generally been able to just get it waxed every two weeks or so, while getting my nails done. Since hyster. and starting on Estrogel, I have had to get my face waxed once a week for 3 out the last 5 weeks. I knew going into the surgery & ert use, that the hair would grow faster/thicker/darker, just someting I will have to live with. I have dark hair so it shows up very well. I know that even using the Vaniqa I will still need to get waxed, just wondering if the Vaniqa has worked well enough to justify paying for it and the waxing. My insurance will probably only pay $20 of the nearly $80 script.

My son's & hubby have always lovingly teased me about my beard/mustache being thicker than their's-LoL, means it is time to get waxed again. This isn't the reason I want to try the Vaniqa though, it is because I work in retail, it sometime's makes me very self concious if I didn't have time to pluck between the waxings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Re: Anyone using Vaniqa? (kids mentioned)

Not using Vaniqa, but wanted to recommend an epilator - so much easier to do it yourself and fast too. I love the Enjoi Emagine one, use on legs mostly and some on face.
Unread 12-14-2009, 06:36 PM

Calypso- Thank you I will check that out. I appreciate your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2009, 06:45 PM

I used vaniqa, but it did nothing for me. I now get the laser treatments and my insurance covers it 100%. I have thick black hairs which some are ingrown. I had a beard and needed to shave twice weekly, but now I don't. Good Luck. I would definitely see a dermetologist and check with your insurance company.
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:00 PM

lushus- thank you very much for the response. I will probably skip the Vaniqa, as for now I don't mind the waxing. Just thought if I could slow the growth down I would.

Thank you ladies for the info very much.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register