So Easy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > da Vinci Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-14-2009, 12:56 PM
So Easy

After much consideration I decided to have a Da Vinci hysterectomy and keep my ovaries and cervix on 11/2. I did end up having to do bowel prep with some dehydration problems since everything works too well on me.
The surgery itself went very well and there were no problems. The surgeon discovered some endometriosis(?) that I had not been aware of and did some clean up of this. No bruising! I expected more because I bruise easily. Went home the next day.
One week out I felt pretty much like normal. The hardest part was thinking that I could do more than I really could. Just going over the speed humps to get out of my subdivision really took it out of me. It also took twice as long to get anywhere when walking.
At 3 weeks I could have gone back to work but I decided to take a little longer and start back to work on 12/7 part time and 12/14 full time. I have had no problems related to the surgery after the first 2 weeks.
My ovaries did not shut down after the surgery. Just before my first post-op appointment with my surgeon, I had a lot of cramping and digestive issues. Turns out the ovaries were causing some of my problems but this could not be determined until after the uterus had been removed. I may have them out later but I can handle their issues, just not the excessive bleeding.

Before the surgery I did a lot of exercising with my Pilates machine working on my stomach muscles. I am not in shape by any means but I think that getting my stomach muscles in as good of shape as I could ahead of time really helped. It sure can't hurt. I did end up making a squishy pillow that was my constant companion for the first couple of weeks. It allowed me to sleep on my side and still support my belly without putting too much pressure on it. This was the best thing and I can send directions on how to make it if you would like. I also got a pillow to use in the car. I did get one of the grabber things but never ended up using it.

Take it easy and take your time. Things will just take a little longer to get done for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register