3 weeks post pre-cancer hyst. raging bladder and breast cancer possibly on the cards! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Breast Health

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post pre-cancer hyst. raging bladder and breast cancer possibly on the cards! 3 weeks post pre-cancer hyst. raging bladder and breast cancer possibly on the cards!

Unread 12-16-2009, 02:49 PM
3 weeks post pre-cancer hyst. raging bladder and breast cancer possibly on the cards!

had a lavh three weeeks ago for pre-cancer. all fine except for a raging bladder and 3 anti-biotic courses since WHICH HAVE NOT SOLVED THE PROBLEM.
I AM ON CONSTANT PAINKILLERS AND IF I FORGET TO TAKE THEM MY BLADDER REMINDS, ME WITH A HORRIBLE ACHING THAT IS INTENSE ENOUGH TO PRODUCE NAUSEA AT THE SAME TIME.aM I ALONE IN THIS???
.aLSO DEALING WITRH A suprise curved ball recall for a routine mammogram two weeks POST-op.
Currently nursing a very sore left breast after a core biopsy yesterday to diagnose whether i have breast cancer!!!-
have a very small calcificATION ON LEFT BREAST. QUITE FRANKLY ,I FEEL NOW AS IF MY BODY HAS BECOME A SITE OF WARFARE LIKE AN IRAQUI SEARCH AND DESTROY MISSION!!
WHEN WILL THE MED PROFESSION GET IT THAT WE ARE PEOPLE FIRST AND FOREMOST!!1 know that screening is good, but the level of intevestigation has its drawbacks. Lots of women have calcifications in the breast as a natural
aging thing! We are now the victims as well as the beneficaries of new technologies!!
WILL FIND OUT ON MONDAY WHETHER I HAVE CANCER.
thanks for listening to my rant but I am scared angry and confused all at the same time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Re: 3 weeks post pre-cancer hyst. raging bladder and breast cancer possibly on the ca

(((paulinea51))) I'm sorry you are so scared, angry and confused, but try to calm down. I promise you no one is out to get you and it's not some conspiracy by the medical profession to make you angry and uncomfortable.

Core needle biopsies can hurt. One of mine hurt worse than the other. However, they are worth doing, because they can either give you peace of mind or diagnose something when it's small enough to be dealt with fairly easily as opposed to waiting until it's huge enough to become painful, at which point it's more likely to be life-threatening.

Yes, many women get calcifications normally, and I hope that's what yours are, but mine weren't - either time. I would gladly undergo another core needle biopsy if it meant I could still keep my breasts and not have cancer.

I really don't think the medical profession is being uncaring here. On the contrary, they care enough to want to make sure you are disease-free. I know it's uncomfortable - I've had to have a mammogram a few weeks after breast surgery, and THAT was painful. I've spent ten days with a golf ball sized inflated catheter inside my breast so I could have twice daily radiation treatments - THAT was painful. However, it's worth it because I still get to keep my breasts (so far).

So... yeah, it hurts. On the plus side, you are likely going to get a free pass, so you can put it behind you and go on with healing from your hysterectomy instead of having to worry about it anymore.

As for the bladder question, you might want to post a thread in our Post Op forum about that - this forum is just for breast issues.

Let us know what you find out on Monday, OK?

s,
-Linda
Unread 12-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Smile - 3 weeks post pre-cancer hyst. raging bladder and breast cancer possibly on the cards! Re: 3 weeks post pre-cancer hyst. raging bladder and breast cancer possibly on the ca

Hi Linda,
thanks so much for responding to my post.
i have read your story and feel that theres nothing i am going thru' that you have not dealt with,with great courage i might add. my caps lock was giving me trouble on the last post so i came across as being out of my mind with anxiety
which is not the case but i am certainly feeling very vulnerable! I keep pulling short straws in this
journey, the most recent being that yesterday i was given the results of my path report for my cin3 hysterectomy.
turns out they have discovered 'cancer cells in the stroma
of my cervix but no tumour' this is why my doc wouldnt call
me last week, when in my distress over my mammo recall i wanted to make sure my hyst results were clear.
I am now going to have to go back for more surgery to remove glands because my new surgeon wants to make sure that no cells have gone there. they want me back in
early january. they tell me my case is unusual but they can only guess that a small tumour was zapped in a loop excision on the cervix i had last february. have you heard of this ever before? should i go for a 2nd opinion?
In the meantime i am waiting to hear if i have further trouble
in the breast on monday and am prepared for the worst just in case.
strangely enough i feel calm, the hardest part was trying to get my doctor to talk to me and being fobbed off. now that i know whats going on i can gather my strength and prepare
for battle. my doc also did another urine test on my bladder and found some protein and blood in the samlple, also a discharge on vaginal cuff which might be candida and could be the cause of my discomfort. i really would like this sorted before more surgery. meeting my gyn/oncologist on tuesday, and will ask him if i can delay new surgery until i am over hysterectomy.we'll see.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register