Swollen Belly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swollen Belly Swollen Belly

Unread 12-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Swollen Belly

Hi ladies, Im 2 1/2 months post from a SAH and Im wondering when the swelling will go down? I did have my hyster after childbirth so Im not in perfect shape or anything but I have resumed working out 6 days a week and this swelly belly isn't budging! Any tips or advice for me. Thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Re: Swollen Belly

I hope that you can find the answer!!!! My belly is so big, it is like I had a baby!!!! (((Hugs))))
Unread 12-18-2009, 07:40 PM

Still waiting on that one - I'm 7 weeks out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2009, 09:07 PM

WaWaWA I don't like all this stuff one bit..It seems if you do nothing the swelling goes down but in the literature on the subject it's the repair still going on the inside and it gets inflamed and swells..Just 9 days out
Unread 12-18-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiLynnM View Post
I hope that you can find the answer!!!! My belly is so big, it is like I had a baby!!!! (((Hugs))))
Am wondering the same thing.... I lost 11 kilo before the Hysto now down to size 16 and cant get into them GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Guess one stills suffers the "swollen belly syndrome" after having it done Vaginally ~sighes~

Does anyone know how long it takes to go down I cant even "suck it in"
Unread 12-18-2009, 10:58 PM

I certainly hope it will soon, as I am sick of people asking me whe's the baby due......
Unread 12-19-2009, 01:17 AM

Omg, how rude asking that! Must admit i am wearing maternity pants 4 comfort!
Unread 12-19-2009, 05:36 AM

I'm about 6 weeks out and it's coming and going. I HAVE to get some pants for work that are more comfortable as I only have a few that are stretchy enough. I've read here that it could go on for a few months. <sigh>
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:56 AM

Ahhh yes, the "virtual baby bump," I call it. I will tell you a funny story (at least to me). My problems with an enlarged uterus, fibroids and endometriosis had my belly swell a good amount of the time . When it got bad, it looked like a small baby bump. I have a 5-year-old nephew who patted my belly one day and asked if I had a baby in there. I joked and said "no, I just have a problem that makes it look that way." He said I should name it (my sis-in-law was pregnant at the time and they were already calling the baby bump by the baby's name). I told him I will call it "Joe" and then totally forgot about it. Last night he was lying next to me on the couch and my belly was swollen. He patted my belly and said "Joe's getting bigger." Good Lord, what next?

The belly thing is definitely uncomfortable....I miss being able to fasten pants!
Unread 12-19-2009, 09:46 AM

TAH 11/20 and I'm right there with all of you and the swelly belly !! Will have to go get some pants before returning to work that will stretch along with my belly as the day goes on

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register