Scheduled TAH I'm nesting! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-19-2009, 06:04 AM
I'm nesting!

Is this happening to anyone else? I am a very type-a person and I know that I'm going to not have control over anything for a little while...going to be dependent on my boyfriend for help and not going to be independent. Now that my surgery is in 10 days, I'm nesting. I want to get everything as clean as it possibly can be. I don't want to be laying in bed staring at a mess on the dresser and having it bother me. I'm making list after list of things I want to do or things I want to buy for the hospital...I can't help it! I have a special diet because I have interstitial cystitis so I'm planning meals to freeze and am just completely consumed with this surgery prep...it's all I can think about, and all I want to talk about....I wonder if this is normal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2009, 06:26 AM
Re: I'm nesting!

Hi lenabena... I went through the exact same thing. I think it is perfectly normal. My boyfriend was getting a kick out my nesting! I'm in the hospital now... Had my surgery yesterday... And feels really good to know the house will be spotless.
Unread 12-19-2009, 06:34 AM

I've been nesting too... Taking down the dry clean curtains today to get them done, lol! I'm also having hubby take down the exhaust fan housing so I can clean those too.

We built our house in the country about 4 years ago, there were these two piles of debris from when we put in the driveway. (We've been trying to burn them) I hired a landscaper guy to haul it all away b/c I knew they'd make me crazy if I had to look at them out my front window while I was on leave! That cost hubby $400, he's not laughing ... oh well he's had his chance to get it done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2009, 12:41 PM

Im completely totally obsessed.. its like if im not preparing the whole world will crumble while Im in surgery.....
Unread 12-19-2009, 04:41 PM

I'm SO glad to know I'm not the only one!
Unread 12-19-2009, 05:23 PM

Lenabena,

You are definitely NOT the only one that has nested pre-op. I had lists upon lists....one for what I need to do for Christmas (my TLH was on Dec 11 so my shopping days are pretty much done), one for pre-op (which included cleaning up my room), and one for what I needed to get done for work before I went on my LOA. Needless to say, the world did not come to an end when I had items on my lists that didn't get done but it made me feel good and definitely kept the time flying as my date approached.

Good luck with your next several days, and don't stress out over those lists!
Unread 12-19-2009, 05:41 PM

OK - I think everyone should post their lists - the To Do lists, the shopping lists, all the lists. Cause I'm nesting too and I'm CONVINCED I'm going to forget something absolutely vital to success......
Unread 12-22-2009, 02:45 AM

I feel like I'm spring cleaning, today I'm cleaning out the garage. If Aunt Flo will let me.
Unread 12-22-2009, 09:48 AM

Totally! I have list after list in my head of what needs to be done. I want to get the house spotless, all the bills paid for the month, 4 weeks of groceries in the house, a complete list of things that need to be done in the office, complete with step by step instructions. I am even thinking of making a list of all the lists that I need to make. Oh, but my husband keeps telling me not to worry he will take care of things at home. I know he will, but not the way "I" think it should be taken care of. I know I am being a nut case, so I am praying a lot (as I am making my lists.
Unread 12-22-2009, 04:25 PM

get it out of your system now before the surgery. I did it also...But now Im 7 weeks post op and have no ambition to clean anything, which is totally not me. I've been really putting my focus on taking it easy and recovering. So clean away girls now before hand and stock up on food and household items, cause afterwards it should not be a priority. It is just dust and stuff. Mine is still here staring me in the face, but I am ignoring it... Hoping in 2 more weeks I can get back on my cleaning and list fix...Good luck to you...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register