HUMOR: You know You've HAD a Hysterectomy When... - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HUMOR: You know You've HAD a Hysterectomy When... HUMOR: You know You've HAD a Hysterectomy When...

Unread 03-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Re: HUMOR: You know You've Had a Hysterectomy When...

When your hubby and son clap and say "good job" because you were actually able to toot or poop and you are not embarrassed but VERY proud.

When your 9 year old asks you if the doctor did the wrong surgery and made you into a boy because you are constantly grabbing your crotch to see if everything is where it is supposed to be or hanging down to your knees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2010, 09:53 PM

You know you've had a hysterectomy when....

You actually beg the nurse for a suppository and bend over quite willingly even though you've had several laxitives and lots of fibergel just so you can at last again poop lol xx
Unread 03-22-2010, 09:55 PM

you know when you've had a hysterectmy when......
You arrive home from hospital and log into facebook only to see that your wonderful caring hubby has anounced to all your friends and family that you finaly went number two and he is on his way to collect you xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2010, 10:09 PM

You know you've had a hysterectomy when

your DH puts a stack of folded jammies on the bed and announces "Your uniforms are clean, Dear."

it takes 10 minutes and multiple hand holds to get out of bed or off the couch.

you wake up just in time to remind yourself not to turn onto your tummy.

your DH starts sleeping in the guest room because you cannot turn over in bed without waking him, and since he is awake anyway, asking for help.

you would rather have 10 pillows in the bed than your DH, anyway.
Unread 03-22-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melishous View Post
You know you've had a hyster when:
Your neighbor's 13 yo daughter says "Wait....r u even still a woman if they took out your baby making organs?"

Your 3 yo daughter tells you to show your gross looking tummy booboos to above mentioned girl and then looks at neighbor and says "see-I told you so"

Your husband actually tells you "NO-YOU do not do that-let ME do that!"
Oh my gosh ladies I so need this. I am having a rough night and this just picked my mood up so much.
You know you've had a hysterectomy when you 5 yo daughter says mommy can I take the trash out for you.
When you wear pj's and slippers to walk up and down the sidewalk and then to tired to walk into the house.
When you sleep all day and then up all night from sleeping all day.
Unread 03-22-2010, 11:19 PM

You know you've had a hysterectomy when:
your DH has made it his mission in life to help you pull on and off, your socks and shoes, so you don't have to bend over.
your cat starts purring loudly anytime he sees you reclining and moves in quickly for a nap.
your cat has become a purring furry heating pad...and seems pretty darn proud of it too
you can perform a log roll and a 3 point landing to get out of bed in the morning... hook that leg over the edge, grab that box spring, pull, nudge, pull, nudge
you can refer to the limited selection of enjoyable TV on the air between 12 AM and 4 AM...any day of the week
more people of both genders have seen your nether regions in one week, than your entire lifetime!
Unread 03-23-2010, 06:57 PM

...your dog starts acting more protective than ever because she senses something is wrong

...you were very impressed with your surgeon's cartoon-drawing skills in showing you what was wrong with your uterus

...you spend time on the net deciphering medical language to find out what exactly happened in your surgical report

...you beg your landlord to plane the front door down because it swelled from all the rain, and you can't pull or push it open
Unread 03-23-2010, 08:26 PM

....when you are laying down and your 13 yr old son looks over at your swelly belly (looking 6 months prego) and says"Have you thought of any names yet?"
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:45 PM

You know you've had a hysterectomy when...... you go back to work and the first day back a female co-worker comes to you to ask for an "emergency pad" and you can proudly say ~ sorry dear I don't need those any more.

Here is my favorite ~ You know you've had a hysterectomy when..... you go back to your surgeon for a 1 year visit and you ask him/her during the physical exam: "What, did you think it would grow back?" and they say "Yes it did and you are pregnant" and you fire right back with "twins!".

You know you've had a hysterectomy when.... you can confidently talk to anyone about how wonderful you feel and you meet new hyster-sisters face to face! I give every one a hug that I meet! I love you all!
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:24 PM

...the doctor's orders to do no vacuuming finally justify the purchase of a Roomba!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register