Keloid Scar | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Keloid Scar

Went to the doctor this morning with regards to a strange growth near the bottom of my vertical incision. Was wondering if I was growing a third leg!

Turns out it is something called a Keloid scar......basically it's a type of collagen our bodies produce when we are in the healing mode. Plan of action is to wait for three months so I can heal from the TAH and then I will go in and have my new little friend removed from the premises.

Glad I called and the nurse got me in this morning first thing because now I can have the piece of mind that it is nothing serious.

Other updates from DR appt this morning.......Incision healing well......can start going for short 10 minute walks a couple times a day and build up from there as I feel able too. I can also start driving when I am completely off pain meds ( down to a couple percocets 5mg-325 acetaminophin at bedtime) and be able to slam on the breaks in case a child runs in front of my car. Exact words from the doctor by the way. He is the best! All in all he says I am doing very well and a lot further along then most his patients are at this point! Woohoo.......I got a gold star!

So I am also curious if anyone else has had this Keloid scar thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Re: Keloid Scar

I have a keloid on my chest from heart surgery two years ago. I have a keloid at the top and at the bottom of the scar. Have tried two different types of laser treatments and cortisone shots. Finally gave up and figure it's my battle scar. Who knows how the laparoscope incisions will be.
Unread 12-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Re: Keloid Scar

My daughter has a keloid scar on her foot from her last surgery thankfully it's small so she's living with it for now, praying they can do something w/ it when she has her next surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register