muscle tightness; muscle aches possible hormonal cause? I feel like I'm the only one | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

muscle tightness; muscle aches possible hormonal cause? I feel like I'm the only one muscle tightness; muscle aches possible hormonal cause? I feel like I'm the only one

Unread 12-28-2009, 06:26 PM
muscle tightness; muscle aches possible hormonal cause? I feel like I'm the only one

I've read on the 34 symptoms of menopause list ( or some other source) that muscle tightness or achiness is a symptom of menpause.
I have muscle tightness/achiness alot. i do stretching to counteract it. I have had injuries where most of my tightness/achiness is (whiplash in the neck, lower back surgery, impact to my upper back/shoulder blades.
I notice it has gotten worser since about 2 yrs. after the hyst. ovaries quit on me about that time. I do use climara patches, nat. prog., vagifem....sooo....any ideas out there...am I the only one with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Re: muscle tightness; muscle aches possible hormonal cause? I feel like I'm the only

I have this as well. I think it started after my hyst. I exercise, and after the exercise I get stiff and sore . I have low backache and some neck problems. Arthritis, joint and muscle problems seem to be related. I have been exercising for years and I guess it is age. No matter how much I exercise and stretch I have it. My physical therapist says she sees it a lot in the 50 and up group of people. She says she has seen it in younger patients as well. I don't think there is a fix for it. I have tried vitamins , supplements, hormones, heat, ice, and still have it. I think the best thing to do is to keep moving and stretching.

I did read somewhere online that as people age the muscles change, shorten and don't stretch. I guess some of us get it early. I really thought this would come much later in life. Menopause in women probably has a lot to do with it and we would probably have gotten it from natural menopause as well. I don't think doctors know exactly what happens to the body in all areas once we are post menopause.

Unread 12-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Re: muscle tightness; muscle aches possible hormonal cause? I feel like I'm the only

I just mentioned this on another post. I was diagnosed as well as a few others I personally know with Fibromyalgia and CFS after having the TVH.

There are a few quizes online that can help you sort that out to take to your doctor.

My doc also warned me of too much calcium can play a role in muscle tightness and muscle prob's, for me I am not to go over 1000 mg per day.

I am not saying I regret having the hysterectomy, as it was the only thing left to me, BUT, it was a catalyst for bringing out other things. Make a pain/ symptom diary as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register