hysters and ovarian/cervical cancer - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysters and ovarian/cervical cancer hysters and ovarian/cervical cancer

Unread 10-02-2001, 06:08 PM
hi

well, they found my cervical cancer after i was already opened up to have a complete hysterectomy...what a shock it was...had normal paps in february and on august 6, my cancer was almost a stage 3...i'm in the process of radiation treatments and chemo which will last the rest of the month....i think my case was really weird and everyone was dumbfounded when the cancer was found...everyone is different...think positively, i still do and hope for a full recovery...thinking of you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2001, 06:02 AM
fibroids/enlarged uterus also

I'm a new member to this site. My surgery is scheduled for November 1. I've been having ob/gyn problems for years....break-through bleeding, very short periods (only one or two days compared to what used to be a full 7-day period - who should complain right?), abdominal pain, etc...had a D & C done about 5 years ago which came up with nothing supposedly. Went to my OB/GYN in August 2000 for a regular exam, he said my uterus was enlarged and gave me a prescription for sulphur cream to treat it. At that point, he said that most of my problems were probably related to peri-menopause. He never did any bloodwork to confirm this. I decided this year in 2001 to change OB/GYN's to see what another physician would say. I went to my new OB/GYN in July, 2001 and he immediately noticed the enlarged uterus and ordered a Vaginal Ultrasound for the next week. The vaginal ultrasound showed a lemon-sized fibroid that is actively bleeding, also my right ovary is double the size of my left ovary. He told me that day that I needed a hysterectomy. Due to work conditions, it was a lot better for me to wait until November to have the surgery and be out for that length of time and I asked him if it was something that could wait, and he said he didn't see why not as long as I could deal with the pain. I've read alot on the internet since that time, and I'm wondering and nervous too about the cancers....anybody have a story similar to mine that ended up being cancerous? Or any advice? Thanks for all your help!
Unread 10-09-2001, 11:16 PM
hysters and ovarian/cervical cancer

I went to my PCP for a regular checkupp and my pap came back squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix. I had a colposcopy and same results, LEEP with cone biopsy same results but none could find my margins. So I had the hyst the only surprise to me after the hyst was that even though I had never had any gyn problems before I should have had with the mess he found see my signature. Luckily for me the cancer was only Stage 1b so no further treatment and so far all 3 month ccheck ups have been fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2001, 10:16 PM

Hey what is CA125 anyway and what does it screen for?

?
kunfuzed
Unread 10-30-2001, 05:59 AM

CA125 is a blood test that is used as a marker for ovarian cancer. The thing with it is there are a lot of false positives with it. Normal range is 35 or lower, anything above 35 is considered high. But besides ovarian cancer many other factors can raise it.

Cathy
Unread 10-30-2001, 08:24 PM

Hi Freckle~
I understand how you're feeling...I'm feeling the same way. I have had the gyn problems from h*ll for the past 3 years, and then earlier this year, my pap came back with abnormal cells, so I had a chryo, and thought that all my problems were over. NOT!! This month, I found that I had stage 1B cancer of the cervix, and cannot wait to have my TVH. It can't happen soon enough as far as I'm concerned. Cancer also runs in my family...my mom had a hyst about 10 years ago for ovarian cancer, my father died of colon cancer, and my grandmother died of uterine cancer...so as you can guess, I'm also dreading the path results, but the sooner this is over, the sooner I'm on my way to recovery!
Hang in there. I'll tell you what I keep telling myself...the greatest fear is the fear of the unknown!
Unread 10-31-2001, 01:34 AM

Kim, best of luck with your surgery tomorrow!! Keeping good thoughts and prayers that all will be fine for you. Please let us know how you are doing when you are home, rested and up to posting!!

Judie so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but as you have been reading Stage 1 is very early, and hopefully the surgery will take care of all of it, without further treatment!!

Keeping you both in my prayers for good results!!
Hang in there ladies, the wait truly is the worst part!!
Hugs
Maria

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register