Binder or no binder? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Binder or no binder? Binder or no binder?

Unread 01-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Binder or no binder?

Ok ladies, abdominal binder or no??

Does the hospital give you these? I see on this site they sell them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Re: Binder or no binder?

Hi Sami!

You will want the binder, its a real back saver!!! I have had two abdominal surgeries and let me tell you it def payes to have a binder. First surgery I didn't have a binder, second one I did and it was issued by the hospital. The binder helps you heal quicker and helps support your belly and back while you heal. Its great to use for back pain also. I recommend getting one. You should check with your doctor/hospital to see if they issue one as standard practice.

Just make sure the nurses don't stretch it too tight the first time...OUCH!

Good luck!!

Hugs
Unread 01-06-2010, 08:01 PM

I was going to buy one here and mentioned it to my dr. She said she can get me one at the hospital. ~~StarryNite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2010, 08:28 PM

My cousin had a vaginal hysterectomy and she mentioned that she had a binder. I had never heard of that before. She said that it was a tummysaver and that I should request one. Now that I have read these replies, I will most definitely ask for one.
Unread 01-07-2010, 08:28 AM

Thanks for the responses! I will talk to the doctor's office to see if I will be getting one from them, if not, I will buy one for sure.

Have a great day everyone!
Unread 01-07-2010, 09:41 AM

I asked my dr. about one at my pre-op appt and he said that he doesn't recommend them. I figured I'd wait and see if I needed one and I never did.
Unread 01-07-2010, 11:35 AM

Catarina, I wonder why your dr. didn't recommend a binder. I could not have functioned without mine for the first two weeks. Just keeps everything from giggling around and pulling on the incision. He must not have ever had abdominal surgery.
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeView View Post
Catarina, I wonder why your dr. didn't recommend a binder. I could not have functioned without mine for the first two weeks. Just keeps everything from giggling around and pulling on the incision. He must not have ever had abdominal surgery.
I wondered myself and figured whether he recommended it or not, I was going to get one if I needed it. I'm not sure why I didn't need one but I was extremely pleased and surprised at how little abdominal pain I had. When I was uncomfortable, it was more of a deep cramping but nothing at the incision site or in the abdominal muscles. Strange but in a good sort of way
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:22 PM

I'm three weeks post op and still wearing my binder - this has been my constant companion The support panties are awesome, too. Having the binder makes me feel protected ANE....it reminds me to concentrate on standing up STRAIGHT!
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:50 PM

My doctor informed me today that they will have already put one on me after surgery and I will be required to take it home and use it at home.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register