very embarrassing..watery discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

very embarrassing..watery discharge very embarrassing..watery discharge

Unread 01-07-2010, 07:46 PM
very embarrassing..watery discharge

Hi Ladies,

I am very sorry to be posting this very embarrassing question.. But i don't know where else to turn. I have been having a rough time with my TVH .. I am 9 days post op.. and today i have been having a very watery, foul smelling discharge.. I woke up this morning soaked.. It has been happening on and off all day. it almost feels like a rush of blood like period days.. I called the Dr, told me they were booked to go to ER... I really really don't want to do that unless I have to.. I am getting very upset .. Any one have advice????? Please..
Thank you Ladies Your the best!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Re: very embarrassing..watery discharge

Hallzer -

Sending you but you really do need to go to the ER, especially if your Dr. told you to go. Anytime you have a soaking discharge watery or blood it really needs to be checked out.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but you have to do it for your health.

Big

G.
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:29 PM

Hallzer does the discharge smell like urine? I had fistula and I leaked urine. Of course I have heard of other woman having discharges. Your Dr will need to examine you!! Everything will be ok regardless!!! You Dr is resposible for you!! I would be persitant about coming in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2010, 11:01 PM

So sorry to hear that you are having to deal w/ this. I agree, go to the ER, better safe than sorry. I think it is pretty shabby that your doc wouldn't see you, it is his responsibility, IMHO.

Just read this, and wondering if you are doing ok? (((HUGS))) and best wishes.
Unread 01-07-2010, 11:10 PM

Hello,

You should go to the ER if the doctor wont see you. I had some very similar symptoms a couple weeks after my surgery and it was a bacterial infection.
Unread 01-08-2010, 08:03 AM

Hi ! I was wondering... Did they just put you on an antibotic? I started taking one that I had left over from my D/c that I had right before my surgery... UGH this is a nitemare... Thank you
Unread 01-08-2010, 05:06 PM

Halzer -

Do not take medications without your surgeon knowing about it. Antibiotics can start there own fun, such as decreasing PH and starting yeast and vaginal bacterial infections.

Please, please, please call your Dr. or go to the ER.

G.
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauruslady View Post
Halzer -

Do not take medications without your surgeon knowing about it. Antibiotics can start there own fun, such as decreasing PH and starting yeast and vaginal bacterial infections.

Please, please, please call your Dr. or go to the ER.

G.
Hi.. Thank you so much for your concern.. That is so nice of you.... I called the Dr. back today and she called in a med called flagyl.... And she told me if it isnt any better by Tuesday to go to the ER.. I just wish she would see me in the office. I would feel so much better if she saw me.. I know that something is not right.. She said she thinks the stitches are infected... I still feel awful and still have the discharge and weird odor.. I took 6 showers today!! lol Wow is my skin dry.... doesnt help when its 19 outside...
Have you heard of the med? Thank you for your support...
Hallzer
Unread 01-08-2010, 11:41 PM
very embarrassing..watery discharge

I have taken Flagyl for sinus infections before. It is an antibiotic. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 01-08-2010, 11:43 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this... Not to bash your dr, but it doesn't sound right that they are sending you to er where you'll have to pay instead of providing you with post op follow up care! follow up care is normally included in the price of your surgery, that was my understanding at least. I believe flagyl is another name for metronidazole which is an antibiotic . Best of luck to you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register