Endometrial Cancer: an update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-08-2010, 06:05 PM
an update

Hi all
I feel odd about writing this, but some of those who responded about my abdominal pains had asked that I keep you informed.
I developed fairly significant abdominal pain Dec 22nd. Right out of the blue and I have to say that the past few weeks have been much more painful than I was post op.
It is a cramplike pain that is there about 50% of the time, and is often associated with nausea. I finished my radiation 6 months ago, so immediately thought of that.

I have had ONE HECK OF A TIME getting ahold of my doctors, and have sort of been told about 5 times now when I called for appointment "the nurse will get back to you"

I had a full CT scan yesterday with special contrast to outline the small bowel (and the Chest/pelvis), and it was normal YEA... (my onc/chem doctor did this as an early part of his "routine" 6 month tests)( he felt that the abdominal pain was out of his area of expertise and that I really should see rad/onc)

Still trying to find out what to do next with regards to this pain, I got a call from my onc/rad, herself
and I actually have an appointment for Monday to see her.
She said she will get me into a gastroenterologist whom she uses frequently for these.... "adhesion/fibrosis" type things.
I guess it is hard to tell whether the problems are related to the surgery OR the radiation.....or a combo.
Anyways I guess I had no idea how relieved I was to hear from SOMEONE... who knows something about this.

Anyways, just thought I would let you know.
Moral of the story... Don't get sick at Christmas time!

janet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Re: an update

I am sooooo happy to hear that you now have a direction to go in to find out what is causing your abdominal pain............keep us posted.

Radiation damage is a ******.........UGH!
Unread 01-09-2010, 03:47 AM

I logged in to see if you had some news, and YES! Good for you, that you had the reassurance you needed. Yet, at the same time, I do hope that you find the source of your pain and that it can be treated fairly simple.

Thanks for letting us know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2010, 04:40 AM

Janet:
I am glad that you are making progress. Often, this beast makes us feel worse simply from the attitude of those that are suppose to help us. (LIKE WE WANT TO BE IN PAIN.... NOt!!)
Hope you get the answers you are looking for... let us know how the appt. goes.
Unread 01-09-2010, 09:32 AM

Thanks
With each of my docs, I called to make appointment and the receptionist asks what is for and I say abdominal pain.
She then says I will get the nurse to call you back and the nurse never calls back. That happened to me with 3 different docs.
AND twice with one.
Looking back I should have just said.... "routine followup"
It was so much easier to make a routine appointment.
Unread 01-09-2010, 10:39 AM

Hi, Sorry it is taking you so long to identify the origin of the pain and hopefully you'll get some help soon from you onc/rad as she directs you to the right medical expert. Good to hear that the CTscan was clear.
Wishing you a fast dx and quick resolution of the pain.
s
Unread 01-09-2010, 03:06 PM

Just asked about your abdominal pain in another thread, and then I open this one and see that you finally heard from a real, live doctor who could get the ball rolling to help you! Let us know what you find out!
Unread 01-09-2010, 03:47 PM

Lol. Yes Virginia there really is a doctor
Unread 01-09-2010, 06:59 PM

LOL I'm happy to hear at least one of the docs called you back. Yes, getting sick during a holiday is NOT a good idea! Next time wait until the holidays pass :-P lol jk
Unread 01-10-2010, 01:53 AM

Wow, Runner, we had our surgery on the same day! I've had ongoing pain for 9 months; doctors didn't really know why, they suspected I was just really slow healing, plus the radiation, etc. etc. as Jabber says it's a ******.

Now at under 10 months, the pain has finally subsided. I don't know if I'll ever know why. I still have some discharge, and I still can't exert myself really hard. I guess I'm just gonna be one of those 1-year gals, but I do feel almost normal -- new normal, that is.

I truly hope the pain is not serious; let us know!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register