Sorry for being gross BUT --- | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sorry for being gross BUT --- Sorry for being gross BUT ---

Unread 09-28-2001, 11:34 AM
Sorry for being gross BUT ---

Here goes.

I am two weeks and two days post op. I have been feeling really well and today "was" my first full day off pain pills. I said was because I just had to take one.

I still am having problems with my poop. Today I went in there and since I ate a normal lunch (ran out of salad) my poop was pretty much just water. HOWEVER that really isn't the gross part.

It felt as though somoene was inside me with a knife cutting my other organs (since the female ones aren't in there) and letting them come out as well.

I was on the potty with my arms holding my tummy trying not to hurt my boo-boo's there and in tears. The kids came running in and my 3.5-year old told me, "his poops hurt too at times" I know I needed that smile but man when does this end!

Thanks for letting me gross you out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2001, 12:23 PM

Sorry to hear you're in pain and feeling rotten. You probably should try bland foods for a couple days, and no salad until your digestive system has calmed down. It's always hard to know if diarrhea is from indigestion (too much fat, sugar, roughage,etc.) or from contaminated food, or from an intestinal virus. You can also try PeptoBismol (I like the chewables better than liquid) which has been shown to kill bad organisms as well as calming your intestine. Hoping you feel better soon. If not, be sure to call your dr. And drink plenty of water or sports drinks (no fruit juice) so you don't get dehydrated.
Ruthie
Unread 09-28-2001, 04:49 PM

Coley, it might be a good idea to touch base with your doctor on this one. Twinges of pain are expected when you're healing inside, but stabbing, cutting pains like the ones you describe would make me call the doctor.

Wouldn't you know this would happen on the weekend. If you can't reach your doctor, and the pains persist, call the ER and ask to speak to the doctor on call.

I hope you feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2001, 04:56 PM

I had a hysterectomy 18 days ago. When having a bm i found if i used my tummy pillow and bend over it seems to be easier than just going normally. That pillow has really came in handy.
Unread 09-28-2001, 05:34 PM

I too had problems that came to be known as "potty issues" around here. The different medications that I had taken seemed to have such rotten side-effects that I wasn't sure whether I was coming or going. No pun intended. Once those were out of my system (mostly the antibiotics 21 days post-surgery) things got a little better and then time helped too. Six weeks post op and I can still tell that my insides were re-arranged, but the pain is not so intense. Remember though that any time your pain feels like more than you can handle, a call to the doctor is not out of order.
Good luck and healing hugs to you.
Unread 09-29-2001, 01:46 PM
Narcotics will cause problems

Coley~
Narcotics can cause problems with bowel movements. The sooner you stop them they better off you will be! try taking 800 of Ibuprofen instead it is a big help. Good Luck.
Sincerely, your twin sister ~Amy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register