Estradiol? Anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Estradiol? Anyone? Estradiol? Anyone?

Unread 01-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Estradiol? Anyone?

Had LAVH/BSO last Tuesday, started on Estradiol 1mg daily. Was doing great up until 3 days ago when the flood gates opened and the crying began. Called my docs office yesterday they had me increase to 2mg daily. I had already taken my morning dose about 4 hours prior to getting the call to increase. I took another 1mg dose after getting off the phone with the docs office. About 4 hours later, no more crying, great I thought. However, I felt irritated and uptight. So, I thought I would try something new this morning, I would take 1mg in the morining and 1mg with dinner. Was doing pretty good up until after 4 hours from morining dose then the crying started back up. So I went ahead and took my second dose now. We will have to see how I do.

Question....Is there anyone out there who is on or has ever been on Estradiol, and if so what have your experiences been?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Re: Estradiol? Anyone?

I get like that if I don't take my progesterone not progestin with the estrodial. Or I take my progesterone without the estrodial. Get feeling better.
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:46 PM

Pretty much identical experience as I had with estradiol. I wound up making an appt to talk with my doc about it because the emotional drops were just too much. He switched me to Premarin. I have been feeling better, than I was on estradiol...but still not 100% yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM

It is amazing how one hormone identical or synthetic works for one and not for the other...that is why we are all so different I suppose. I actually do alot better on estrodial but not the estrase from the compound pharmacies. I am still playing around with what works.
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:54 AM

Hi

It is really important to take your doses at the same time each day. You may also be interested in knowing that it takes up to 6 weeks for your body to get the full affects of any dose change. It takes a while for the estrogen to build up in your body.

During this time in your recovery, fluctuations which cause symptoms, can be caused by your body depleting the estrogen stores you have in body tissues. No matter what dose or kind of HRT, the fluctuations (along with the symptoms) will continue until those stores are used up.

Your best friend during this time will be all the patience you can muster. Give your body a chance to use up its stores and adjust to whatever HRT you are given. Try not to vary in your daily dosing.

Kay
Unread 01-25-2010, 10:30 PM

yes i am on that as well. it hasn't made me cry but i have been having these moments where i feel like i have no emotions at all. just blah . i went for my check up and talked to my doctor about it . i have also experienced hot flashes . she had to increase to 1 and a half tablets a day. so far so good but it hasn't been long since the increase
Unread 01-25-2010, 10:34 PM

Yea for me I can't have any less than 1 mg of estrodial or the hot flashes will get me and my insomnia gets worse. So I do know that much. I have tried more than 1 mg to 1.5 mg there was no difference so I went back to 1.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register