Scheduled LAVH Wednesday surgery-confused | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wednesday surgery-confused Wednesday surgery-confused

Unread 01-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Wednesday surgery-confused

I have read about bowel pre,I am familiar and tried to totally get prepared fo rthat part and then find my Dr or his group for that matter doesn't do those prior to surgery. I do go regularly but can get totally constipated due to stress .
Anyway after all my research that seems odd so maybe I need to hear from those of you who didn't have the prep before hand. I just wander if it does nothing for the aftermath or maybe it can add to it. I am grateful but kindof baffled.
I sure hope someone can read between the lines and say something in regards to this rambling post. Did I mention I might be alittle nervous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Re: Wednesday surgery-confused

It is surgeon's preference. Just got done with my pre-op appt./testing. Nothing said nor on my sheet about bowel prep.
Unread 01-25-2010, 10:35 AM

I didn't have a bowel prep before my TVH and I didn't have any problems afterwards. I did use stool softeners after the surgery and that seemed to be enough to keep things going.

I wish you all the best!

Christin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2010, 01:53 PM

My doctor told me that I wouldn't need a bowel prep. I've started eating an Activia yogurt each day hoping that will keep things moving.

Best wishes to you for a successful surgery and easy recovery.

Try to stay calm ~~ StarryNite
Unread 01-25-2010, 02:05 PM

I feel better after reading it just wasn't me. Bel4fan looks like we share the same date. Good luck and God Bless
Unread 01-25-2010, 02:18 PM

I had LAVH last week. Because of previous laproscopic experience I chose to cleanse 2 days before and to eat very lightly the day before. I noticed a complete difference in the ability to recover. The first surgery I had extreme pressure and pain for more than a week. This time I felt the pressure less, and at a week the pressure is almost fully gone.
Unread 01-25-2010, 03:01 PM

I had a LAVH and did not have to do the bowel prep. Did and still do suffer from constipation issues since the surgery.
Unread 01-25-2010, 03:24 PM

Just wanted to wish you well for your surgery and a speedy recovery.
By the way, we all all nervous!!!!!!
Good Luck
Hugs,
Suzanne
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:00 PM

Hi ditto3

I didn't have a bowel prep, either. My surgery was the day after Christmas, so I was worried about how my system would handle my Christmas dinner.

As soon as I was home, I made sure to drink a lot of fluids--water, hot tea, juice spritzers, etc., and I had oatmeal every morning. I also took a stool softener as recommended by my doctor.

I had one rough day while I was waiting for my first post-op bowel movement, but I was fortunate to not have constipation troubles at all.

Best of luck to you!

Unread 01-25-2010, 09:57 PM

I just had surgery on Jan 22nd, no bowel prep for me either. I drank tons of water, ate a few prunes yesterday and have not had any problems.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register