Weight gain or loss?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight gain or loss?? Weight gain or loss??

Unread 01-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Weight gain or loss??

I have gained quite a bit of weight after my hysterectomy, and now I cant seem to get rid of it. can you guys share with me please the way you got rid of your weight? I am miserable and hormonal and depressed all over how much I weigh and how much I just cant stand to look at me anymore. I am on activella, but honestly cannot remember to take it. Would it help me if I could remember to take it every day or would I benefit more if I just didnt take it??? THanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Re: Weight gain or loss??

I had my hysterectomy last May. I have also gained a considerable amount of weight. I am doing Weight Watchers with some success. I'm in my late 40's so I dont expect it to happen that fast. Good luck to you!!
Unread 01-27-2010, 03:52 AM

I too have gained weight after my surgery. I was a member of LA Weightloss and I did extremely well. Unfortunately, they closed in my area. I remember the program very well and I am currently on the program and I am also following food lovers with Robert Ferguson. LA Weightloss is online now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesey View Post
I had my hysterectomy last May. I have also gained a considerable amount of weight. I am doing Weight Watchers with some success. I'm in my late 40's so I dont expect it to happen that fast. Good luck to you!!
I started weight watchers last week and lost 1.6lbs my first week. Im gonna be 31 in 14 days and I dont really understand why its not coming off faster. I have done ww before but with a totally different result. My first week Id loose 5 lbs. I just wanna cry. I dont get it.....
Unread 01-27-2010, 10:55 AM

I heard safe weightloss is 1 pound per week. If it comes off too fast it's unhealthy.
Unread 01-27-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayne91 View Post
I heard safe weightloss is 1 pound per week. If it comes off too fast it's unhealthy.
I guess im looking at it in "i wish i was still 22" way....I know its gonna be slow, especially now that i have all this medical stuff going on. Still. I just fill it should be going better than this.....
Unread 01-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayne91 View Post
I have studied nutrition for a long time it is safe to say 1 to 3 lbs is safe per week. Anything more could be unhealthy. You could drop 10 lbs in a week and it is very possible and it would not be unhealthy what it would be is that you were retaining fluid. That is a lot of what is going on here with us sisters we are simply retaining fluid. So, what do you do to get rid of fluid drink more fluid, WATER in particular. Water also rev up your metabolism. If you add lemon juice, I like my sliced in your water warm or cold it will flush all that unwanted water out quickly. Lemon water is a natural diuretic. One more piece of advice make 4 - 5 mini meals throughout today, that will keep your metabolism burning also.
Unread 01-27-2010, 05:53 PM

I've actually lost weight since my surgery...which I'm grateful for.

good luck in your efforts to loose.
Unread 01-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Like Elura, I have lost weight since my surgery. It's sure to return any time now, but I was 5'5" and 122 prior to my hysterectomy and have fluctuated between 109 and 112 ever since. I'm eating well and would like to get back to my normal weight.

Best wishes to all in your weight loss efforts.
Unread 01-27-2010, 09:19 PM

Cakelady - I too am on Activella (the generic) and take mine in the morning after I brush my teeth - have the pills right by the toothbrush. Before my TAH, I wasn't on any medication and thought I would have difficulty remembering to take my HRT but having it by my toothbrush works for me.

Like Elura and Iamgood, I've lost weight; didn't think it was that much but the few times I have been to my office, everyone I talked to commented on my weight. In actuality, I think I'm only down 3 pounds but maybe because of the last 6 weeks of little activity, it looks like more?!?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register