Home: Mesh removal, Lysis of Adhesions and the BARTHOLIN GLAND? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home: Mesh removal, Lysis of Adhesions and the BARTHOLIN GLAND? Home: Mesh removal, Lysis of Adhesions and the BARTHOLIN GLAND?

Unread 01-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Question - Home: Mesh removal, Lysis of Adhesions and the BARTHOLIN GLAND? Home: Mesh removal, Lysis of Adhesions and the BARTHOLIN GLAND?

I am home tonight after surgery on Monday.

I just had surgery on Monday for cyst and adhesion removal which twisted my ovaries, luckily they didn't have to take the ovaries as originally planned. The adhesions was really thick, as wide as the ovaries itself. I also had some mesh removed. But then the doctor removed my left Bartholin gland which I didn't expect. Doc also injected some sort of anesthetic in the are the mesh was removed that last about 5 days post op to help with pain.

It showed up as a possible cyst on my MRI a few weeks ago. I had no symptoms and it was not visible either...all internal. It was as big as his thumb. He sent it off for pathology because apparently it could be cancerous and sometimes mistaken as a cyst on scans. It was on the same side as the mesh "arm" that was removed and could have been irritated by it I guess. I guess with it being that large I thought I would have felt it or seen it but nothing , I had my hyster for cervical cancer. I have never had a problem with these gland before.

Does anyone have any input for me? There is not too much on google on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Re: Home: Mesh removal, Lysis of Adhesions and the BARTHOLIN GLAND?

I was told I had a Bartholin gland cyst before. That was all removed during my ovary removal.
Unread 01-27-2010, 04:05 PM

Did they send it for a pathology report? Is that just standard practice? I have read where it could be linked to HPV and I had cervical cancer so was a little surprised by it all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2010, 04:56 PM

Don't know on the pathology. Was told I had the cyst and then removed it. Maybe google it to get more info. Sorry I don't have more info.
Unread 01-27-2010, 05:22 PM

Thanks Calypso. I will try and be patient till I see my doctor in a couple weeks. I have searched some and found info on cysts but apparantly Barthlolin gland carcinoma is very easily mistaken for a cyst. Anyway I am going to try not to worry about it. I am just glad surgery went well.
Unread 01-27-2010, 05:32 PM

Hi again. I just googled it. I now remember my situation more clearly. I had unexplained vaginal bleeding 8 years after TVH. The dr was looking for the cause and came upon the cyst. He squeezed it from the back side (TMI) and fluid came out. He then removed it surgically under LOCAL ANESTHETIC in his office. He cut it out and sent it for pathology. It came back okay. And it was not the source of the bleeding after all. Turned out to be endometriosis, found during ovary removal a year afterwards.

The cysts that were removed during ovary removal were other kinds... sorry for the confusion.
Unread 02-03-2010, 09:39 AM

Nicole,

I've got no input on this one but wanted to say hi, offer you support and a really big hug!!!

I'm sorry you're still having issues... had hoped all had resolved since the last time we "chatted"......

I've yet to get started (the wonderful urogyn became yet another nervous nellie and backed out)... seeing a 4th surgeon later this month...

Wishing you the absolute best and sending hugs your way,
Kathy
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:39 PM

Hey Kathy!! I was wondering what happened to you, you have been really quiet.

I actually feel pretty good a 1 week post op and feel this might just be it. The site of the gland removal is still bleeding every now and then but nothing major. Still on pain meds but taking advantage by sleeping a lot.

PM me and let me know how you are doing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register