I think I found it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I found it I think I found it

Unread 10-01-2001, 03:48 PM
I think I found it

yeah I think I found the right HRT for me. Its menest a hormone similar to the one produce by the body. I take one 1.25 in the morning and a .625 at night seems to be holding me plus the hot weather has moved out so my hot flashes are few. The only problem now is that i depend on the zanax. I take 1/2 of one in the morning and 1/2 at night. really helps me sleep and helps me to cope with the days. sounds like i am addicted doesnt it. my dr. says that i have an anxiety problem and that is what the medication is used for and not to be worried .
Just had to share with you all
take care and god bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2001, 04:06 PM
I think I found it

Hi, hope the menest works for you. I used it (aka estratab) for over a year. It is a plant based estrogen and I think it is mainly esterone?? I will look that up to be sure. Unfortunately for me that is a hormone that fat can produce and I have a lot of fat so I began to have problems with joint and muscle pain and swelling. Lots of people do well on menest so hopefully you will be one of them. Keep us posted.
Unread 10-01-2001, 04:15 PM
I think I found it

Whittle,
Glad to hear that you're doing better. Yeah! There is nothing wrong with using anti-depressants if you need them. I say if it's working for you that is great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2001, 02:45 AM
I think I found it

Hi Whittle,

Are you taking Premarin? I would guess? 1.25 and .625

Thats alot of Premarin a day "IF" that's what your on.Its just that when your on Premarin especially too much it can cause anxiety which makes one feel the need to ask for a drug like Xanxax,Valium,Ativan or an Antidepressant.Too much Estrogen(especially synthetic Estrogen like Premarin)can cause depression.
Im not trying to burst your bubble but I did sense you describe a maybe dependence on Xanxas,and trust me this is no good in the long run.Withdrawals off coming off Xanax and anti-anxiety drugs have been compared to Herion withdrawal.I had some bad withdrawal after coming off Xanxas after only 3 weeks back in 1995.
All Im suggesting is maybe you should like at the Premarin "IF" thats what you take or just maybe a high Estrogen level in your body.This can cause Anxiety & Depression.
Im just trying to blow a little something your way for you to consider.
I was concerned when I read your Post.
Im not a Dr,but do have alot of experience with hormones,just something to think about.
Take Care,Deedee
:eagle:"God Bless America"
Unread 10-02-2001, 03:54 PM
Hi deedee

I am on menest and god dont tell me that i will have to come off the xanax. i know i have become dependent on it it calms me down so i can sleep. I dont think at this point i could stand to go into a withdrawl. what else could i do? know you really got me scared. Give me some advice pleeease
Unread 10-02-2001, 04:40 PM
I think I found it

Whittle,
If you are concerned about the Xanax please discuss it with your doctor. There are many women, and men for that matter that take anti-depressants. I don't that much about them, but if it's helping you and your doctor is okay with you taking them, than I would keep doing what's working for you.

If you should decide that you don't want to take them please discuss this with the doctor that prescribed them for you.

Sending s
Unread 10-02-2001, 08:39 PM
I think I found it

I'm so happy you found something that's working for you!

We all absorb things at different rates, so if the dose works, that's excellent.

Yeah, you might want to talk about the Xanax. It actually isn't an antidepressant--it fights anxiety and panic disorders. And it is physically addictive. Of course, it's far far better than the Panic!!

Panic is closely related to hormone issues so you might find you need less as you become balanced.
Unread 10-02-2001, 11:43 PM
I think I found it

Hi Again Whittle,

Didnt mean to scare you I was concerned.
Yes do talk to your Dr.When you are ready to come off weaning slowly will probaly make it easier.
Its just if this is a hormonal imbalance I would love to see you get balanced with no needs for Antidepressants or Anti-Anxiety drugs.Healthier in the long run sweetie.
Deedee
:eagle: "God Bless America"
Unread 10-05-2001, 01:04 AM
Anti-Anxiety Meds

Whittle,

Several years ago I tried Xanax too, and I remember that it was very helpful. Was told that it was addictive too, so dr. at some point switched me to another med that has been real helpful to me, that I only take on an occasional basis, it helps me be able to go to sleep if I'm having that "wired but tired" feeeling.

You might want to ask your dr. about a medication called Tranxene, generic name is Chlorazepate. What I take, as needed only, is 1/2 of a 7.5 mg. tablet at bedtime. I've not heard of many other people taking this so it could possibly be an older med?? I've also been on anti-depressants for the last couple of years, although like many others, it took me a long time to admit I was depressed and to try it!

I'm a counselor and when I think of anxiety I think of it on a scale from 1-100, 1 being no anxiety ever and 100 being something like constant panic attacks or obsessive compulsive disorder, etc. My belief is that each of us is just at a different place on the 1-100 scale because we're all human,we live in a stressful world, and some of us are just more biologically wired to be a little more anxious than others, and I have no judgement about where a person is on the scale. Just wanted to mention this as a note of encouragement, I've been so much easier on myself since I learned to accept things about myself that just "are," and learn how to manage them in the healthiest way possible for me. Hope this helps. Take care and do what you need to keep yourself healthy.

Michele E. - TVH/BSO with entensive Pelvic Floor Prolapse repair on 8/20/01
Unread 10-05-2001, 11:51 AM
I will try the tranxene

Michele
I am going to the dr. today will try the tranxene and get rid of the xanax I think also i need a antidepressent although i have been on elavil for many years it doesnt seem to be working may need a bigger dose.
thanks for all of your help if it wasnt for you guys i wouldnt know where to turn again god bless you all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register