Scheduled TAH Nervous/Worried about surgery, am 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nervous/Worried about surgery, am 40 Nervous/Worried about surgery, am 40

Unread 02-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Nervous/Worried about surgery, am 40

I am new to this site. So glad I found this site as I have been reading different stories and can relate to how many are feeling. I am so nervous about surgery coming up but at the same time can't wait to be on the post-op side. I can't wait to have my life back. I have a massive fibroid along with multiple smaller fibroids. I hate looking like I am pregnant when I am not. And boy the constant urinating due to the fibroid pressing on my bladder is sooo annoying to say the least. I am currently on Lupron injections (1x a month for 3 months)...just had my second injection...some side effects but January was tougher than this month so far thankfully.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Re: Nervous/Worried about surgery, am 40

WELCOME!!! I hope that you are doing well. I think the hardest part is waiting. My date is Feb 19th & I went through bouts of feeling confident, & then crying a lot. My one friend at work was suffering with Gynecological issues for several years. She has never felt better in her life since getting her hysterectomy. {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}} I am 41. Check out the right side of your screen to participate in any chats about/events.

I am getting the Davinci, my doc says my uterus is small & it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway I wanted to say Welcome & this is a wonderful place for support!
Unread 02-16-2010, 06:00 AM

I think we are all very nervous going into this surgery. I certainly know that I was just a wreck. I was fine when I set the date and then the closer it got, the more nervous I became. Tears would just roll and I would tell my husband I did not want to have this done. I even began doubting if I really need to have this done, I was not in pain, just post-menopausal bleeding that I knew I should not be doing. I really felt silly for my feelings when it was all over with. Now, I am very happy that I did have the surgery and don't have the uterine cancer worry, each time I would spot/bleed.

This is a good site for information and support.

Best Wishes to you and we are here for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2010, 06:21 AM

It's normal to be nervous. I had so many panic attacks the week before my surgery. I've had other surgerys but never had the fear that went along with this one.
By dinner time after my surgery I was so glad I had it done. I feel so much better, no more heavy bleeding, pain with sex, and a new sense of freedom.
Try to stay away from the negative web sites and information.
Best wishes for a smooth surgery and recovery,
B
Unread 02-16-2010, 06:22 AM

As you have probably figured out by now it seems pretty natural to be nervous and anxious at the same time... I am just another one on the list... I don't have the heavy bleeding and I don't have as severe pain as a lot here do but I have had pain for years and it is getting more intense and freq, added to that trouble with bladder too so here I am waiting on my surgery date...
And as I am sure you have noticed this is an awesome site for info and support... Glad you found it...
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:07 AM

I had a TAH on December 9th. I was extremely nervous and anxious. I can honestly tell you that I would do it all over again if I had to. I feel soooo much better than I felt before my surgery. This website has been a life saver for me. Take care of yourself and best of luck.
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:48 AM

This website is so great. It was a real God-send to find it.
I am scheduled for Feb 24. I feel more at ease with it now, but I am sure when it is closer I will get worried again. I was quite a basket case when I found out. I had no idea there was anything wrong.
Unread 02-16-2010, 11:39 AM

Thanks all for your comments. Since finding this site and reading all the positive experiences, I must say that it has helped put me at ease somewhat. Oh I am still scared about surgery but I have decided to try and make the best of the next six weeks. I can't wait to get this "soccer ball" out of me. I have been suffering from miserable periods (huge blood clots), anemia, cramps and constant urination that makes surgery worth it as I am hoping to feel a whole lot pending that all goes well. My emotions right now on are on rollcoaster..lot of tears..as I was feeling like no one understood my fears or what I was going thru. But now I am comforted to know you all are out there. Thanks and hugs to all!
Unread 02-16-2010, 05:03 PM

Hope2010,

We can all relate. My surgery like "QVCQUEEN my TAH is on Feb. 19th I am down to the wire now and I am at peace with it. I feel I have a great surgeon who is also compassionate. I have done all that I can do to prepare now it is in the hands of the Lord.
I did remind my doctor to take only what she is in there for, leave nothing behind that I was not born with, and put everything else back where she found it. lol I am sending you a big calm ((((HUG))))).
Unread 02-16-2010, 05:46 PM

Swinghips,

Thanks for your words....I hope that I will be at peace with my surgery by the time March 31 comes. I wish you all the best and speedy recovery with your surgery. Keep us posted when you can.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register