Had pre-op Monday, insurance denied today! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had pre-op Monday, insurance denied today! Had pre-op Monday, insurance denied today!

Unread 02-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Had pre-op Monday, insurance denied today!

A lot bummed....

My insurance company denied my LSH scheduled for the 24th. I've been so nervous about the procedure and I'm trying to not look at this as a sign that I shouldn't have the surgery.

They basically want me to be a guinea pig a little while longer. So, biopsy scheduled in two weeks....yay me! They want me to try other methods first.... What other methods! My doctor says I'm not a candidate for an ablation and an IUD sounds like a waste of time. What else can I do?

I have endometeriosis and was just diagnosed with adenomyosis and my periods are SO debilitating it's just not fair! I've had a previous surgery for the endometriosis and a separate surgery for an ovarian cyst. I want to be done with the GYN probs

Well, I'll be a good girl I guess and jump through the hoops.

Good news is, that I started what I thought was my last cycle today and was not supposed to use Advil due to surgery next week and now I can try to get some relief from my tic-tac's as I call them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Re: Had pre-op Monday, insurance denied today!

I am so sorry that the insurance and the doctor did that to you. I say your doctor too because they should have had approval before scheduling your surgery.

This was one of my worst fears that my insurance would try and say that I need to do something else. I also have fibroids though and that may have factored into it.

If you really don't want to have anything else done ask your doctor to write an appeal explaining why nothing else besides a hyster will help you. Good Luck!
Unread 02-24-2010, 11:01 PM

I too was denied surgery on 2/15th due to insurance....urg it is frustrating but have faith I did get an approval finally and it is rescheduled for 3/8. Talk to your doctor they can go to bat for you...it can't hurt. I know everyone at my insurance company would say dont answer that phone it is that crazy woman from oklahoma... Couldn't be because I called them everytime I was in pain...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2010, 12:35 AM

I sure hope you get this worked out. Good luck and hugs your way.
Unread 02-25-2010, 05:41 AM

Curious as to what insurance companies you all use? I am fearful that my inusrance company will deny to!
Unread 02-25-2010, 05:51 AM

We have < >.. it's pretty good insurance. This whole surgery is only costing me a $200 co-pay, no matter how many days in hospital and hospital is letting us pay $25 a month on the bill. Nothing up front.
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:02 AM

I was worried about the insurance denying me But Dr office called me yesterday saying they have approved it. U might call Dr office and insurance and see if u can get approval that way.
Unread 02-28-2010, 10:16 PM

Had my endometrial biopsy last Friday 2/26/10. Dr. took more detailed info from me as well and said she will resubmit to insurance company. She also called in Vicodin or me to take during my period since the Advil doesn't even cut it!

Now we wait.....
Unread 02-28-2010, 10:26 PM

I have < > and fortunately the only thing i had to do was wait 6 weeks to make sure that my complex cysts hadnt shrunk and after that ultrasound was in ob within 2 days as surgery scheduled within a week. im curious are you on < > but referred out to a civilian provider? that usually causes a big delay as opposed to being in a military hospital.

good luck and like everyone says, have your doctor go to bat for you, they need to list all that you have done and that there is no other option at this point, no one should be a guinea pig especially when it comes to suffering with pain!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register